    This friend is not at all technically oriented and gets lost when I try
    to explain anything about graphics math or computers in general.

    Any and all help appreciated!
    Mat, Dec 11, 2003

  2. Mat

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Mat said:

    > How can I determine the display resolution in pixels per inch of a
    > distant computer monitor.
    >
    > I'm working on a graphic for a friend and need to send it in a
    > resolution that will display to size on the friend's computer. I've no
    > idea the size of her display (800x600, 640x480, etc.). If I knew the
    > pixels per inch of her monitor, I could adjust the resolution of the
    > graphic, using my graphics program to get an accurate display on the
    > other end.
    >
    > This friend is not at all technically oriented and gets lost when I try
    > to explain anything about graphics math or computers in general.
    >
    > Any and all help appreciated!

    If you know how to access the display options, can't you tell her how to do the
    same?
    The chances are, if she has no idea what's what on a computer, the default
    640x480 is in place.
    Brian H¹©, Dec 11, 2003

  3. Mat

    °Mike° Guest

    Have your friend right click on a blank area of the desktop,
    choose 'Properties' and go to the 'Settings' tab (this is
    assuming Windows 9x). In the Settings tab will be the
    screen resolution, or 'Screen Area'.

    Alternatively, have the friend go to this browser capabilities
    page, and scroll down to 'Height' and 'Width'.
    http://www.cyscape.com/showbrow.asp?all=1

    On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 03:19:01 GMT, in
    <FmRBb.431791$>
    Mat scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Dec 11, 2003
  4. Mat

    Harrison Guest

    If Windows 95 or 98, the default will probably be 640 x 480.
    If they're suing Windows ME, 2000, or XP, it's probably going to be
    set at 800 x 600.

    The best solution or course would be to explain to them how to tell
    what their current settings are.

    Harrison, Dec 11, 2003