    --
    David Arnstein | Have fun with your spams:

    David Arnstein, Feb 28, 2006

  2. David Arnstein

    Mark² Guest

    David Arnstein wrote:
    > There was a thread on this ng involving JPEGs and TVs that reminded me
    > of something.
    >
    > I have been wishing to display my digital photos on my living room
    > HDTV for a long time. About a year ago, I found that the best
    > solution was to buy a Roku Labs Pictbridge (spelling?) box. But my
    > research indicated that this box is unstable, and has not been
    > actively developed by Roku.
    >
    > What do people think is the best solution now? Today Apple announced
    > an update to the Mac Mini, which can perhaps output 1920x1200. This
    > is *almost* 1080I and my TV might accept this signal. I'm going to
    > investigate. But this is an expensive solution, about twice the cost
    > of the Roku Labs box.
    >
    > Any thoughts on the Mac Mini or other boxes?

    This was just announced at PMA a day or two ago...
    ....Perhaps just what the doctor ordered?
    http://www.dpreview.com/news/0602/06022602sonyhdpsl1.asp

    -Mark

    Mark², Mar 1, 2006

  3. In article <q26Nf.138$mw5.117@fed1read12>,
    Mark² <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote:
    >This was just announced at PMA a day or two ago...
    >...Perhaps just what the doctor ordered?
    >http://www.dpreview.com/news/0602/06022602sonyhdpsl1.asp

    As far as I can tell, the Sony box outputs 720P, but not 1080I. I
    would welcome any news that I am wrong about this.

    In fact, I'd probably buy the box as soon as Sony started selling it!

    David Arnstein, Mar 1, 2006
  4. David Arnstein

    Mark² Guest

    David Arnstein wrote:
    > In article <q26Nf.138$mw5.117@fed1read12>,
    > Mark² <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote:
    >> This was just announced at PMA a day or two ago...
    >> ...Perhaps just what the doctor ordered?
    >> http://www.dpreview.com/news/0602/06022602sonyhdpsl1.asp

    > As far as I can tell, the Sony box outputs 720P, but not 1080I. I
    > would welcome any news that I am wrong about this.
    >
    > In fact, I'd probably buy the box as soon as Sony started selling it!

    Hmmm. I just looked again and didn't see either one specified...
    Where did you see 720P?

    The reason I pointed to it was merely because it was described as "high
    definition"...but since I don't have a high def TV, I'm not familiar with
    the different resolutions yet...
    :(

    Mark², Mar 1, 2006
  5. In article <8y6Nf.142$mw5.89@fed1read12>,
    Mark² <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote:
    >Hmmm. I just looked again and didn't see either one specified...
    >Where did you see 720P?

    Here is Sony's press release. Search for the string 720P:
    http://news.sel.sony.com/pressrelease/6530

    David Arnstein, Mar 1, 2006
  6. "David Arnstein" <> wrote in message
    > There was a thread on this ng involving JPEGs and TVs that reminded me
    > of something.
    >
    > I have been wishing to display my digital photos on my living room HDTV
    > for a long time. About a year ago, I found that the best solution was
    > to buy a Roku Labs Pictbridge (spelling?) box. But my research
    > indicated that this box is unstable, and has not been actively developed
    > by Roku.
    >
    > What do people think is the best solution now? Today Apple announced
    > an update to the Mac Mini, which can perhaps output 1920x1200. This
    > is *almost* 1080I and my TV might accept this signal. I'm going to
    > investigate. But this is an expensive solution, about twice the cost
    > of the Roku Labs box.
    >
    > Any thoughts on the Mac Mini or other boxes?
    > --
    > David Arnstein | Have fun with your spams:
    > | http://www.bluesecurity.com

    The best (eloquently simple) is to have a HDTV equipped with a memory slot.
    e.g. Sony Grand Wega (LCD rear projection)
    mark_

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?mark=5Fdigital=A9?=, Mar 1, 2006
  7. David Arnstein

    Bigguy Guest

    Are you sure your TV can display 1080i HD at genuine 1080i? few can...

    Guy

    Bigguy, Mar 1, 2006
  8. mark_digital© wrote:

    > "David Arnstein" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> There was a thread on this ng involving JPEGs and TVs that reminded me
    >> of something.
    >>
    >> I have been wishing to display my digital photos on my living room HDTV
    >> for a long time. About a year ago, I found that the best solution was
    >> to buy a Roku Labs Pictbridge (spelling?) box. But my research
    >> indicated that this box is unstable, and has not been actively developed
    >> by Roku.
    >>
    >> What do people think is the best solution now? Today Apple announced
    >> an update to the Mac Mini, which can perhaps output 1920x1200. This
    >> is *almost* 1080I and my TV might accept this signal. I'm going to
    >> investigate. But this is an expensive solution, about twice the cost
    >> of the Roku Labs box.
    >>

    > The best (eloquently simple) is to have a HDTV equipped with a memory
    > slot. e.g. Sony Grand Wega (LCD rear projection)

    Perhaps for you. The 'best' would seem to be the Mac Mini which does a
    few hundred things more than a card slot. But one has to factor in cost
    and set up time, knowledge and so on.

    --
    John McWilliams

    John McWilliams, Mar 1, 2006