    Any ideas?

    Thx

    John M

    John Munsey Jr, Aug 24, 2004

  2. John Munsey Jr

    Kyler Laird Guest

    (John Munsey Jr) writes:

    >When forwarding a call to another phone(i.e cell phone), display in
    >the caller id of the other phone something that indicates it is a
    >forwarded call.

    My experience has been that VoicePulse Connect! and Gafachi (both IAX
    based) allow setting the CallerID info while BroadVoice (SIP) does not.
    It's a very handy feature. I would be very reluctant to use outgoing
    service without it.

    I have been handling the call routing through Asterisk. I don't know
    how it works if you use the forwarding that they provide.

    --kyler

    Kyler Laird, Aug 24, 2004

  3. Whoa you are over my head dude. I will look it up but I dunon what
    IAX and SIP are, tough I have heard of them. Also Asterisk is
    unfamiliar too. I am techie enought o learn that stuff but I am not
    really that interested at the moment. I would just like a service
    that allows me to display something on my incoming calls that let's me
    know which line the people called.

    If my only option is to do something you described above then that is
    fine I will learn if I need to. Any guidance as to how to make this
    happen?

    Should I order voicepulse?

    John Munsey Jr, Aug 24, 2004
  4. "John Munsey Jr" <> wrote in message
    >I am curious if any voip service such as vonage, packet8,
    >broadvoice,
    > etc can do the following:
    >
    > When forwarding a call to another phone(i.e cell phone), display
    > in
    > the caller id of the other phone something that indicates it is a
    > forwarded call.
    >
    > I would like to distinguish incoming calls on the cell phone. Is
    > the
    > caller calling my cell direct or calling my voip line?
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thx
    >
    > John M

    I have ATT CallVantage which has an online call log which shows what
    calls were forwarded to another number. It also has Locate Me
    service which calls the VoIP number first and then a preselected
    number or numbers in succession if there is no answer. I also can
    choose that only specific incoming numbers get diverted to my
    cellular phone.

    --
    Earl F. Parrish

    Earl F. Parrish, Dec 20, 2004