    havoc with my eyes. Is there anyway to tone down the colours? Am
    new to XP Home Operating System.

    Thanks, Aggie

    Agnes L, Oct 4, 2005

  2. Agnes L

    The One Guest

    "Agnes L" <> wrote in message
    news:26p0f.3700$...

    > Could use some help! Just bought a new computer along with a Beno
    > LCD monitor. Love the flat monitor, but the vivid colours are playing
    > havoc with my eyes. Is there anyway to tone down the colours? Am
    > new to XP Home Operating System.
    >
    > Thanks, Aggie

    Did it not come with a manual?

    The One, Oct 4, 2005

  3. Agnes L

    Kenny Guest

    Right click a blank area of Desktop then Properties. Change to suit
    yourself.

    --

    Kenny Cargill

    Kenny, Oct 4, 2005
  4. Agnes L

    Agnes L Guest

    "Kenny" <> wrote in message

    > Right click a blank area of Desktop then Properties. Change to suit
    > yourself. --
    >
    > Kenny Cargill

    Sorry Kenny, l should have been more specific! Given all the changes in
    properties, etc. one has to make with a new computer, l was looking for a
    quick fix! My desktop colours are fine, but when l try to play games the
    colours are almost blinding. Have since discovered that a lot of the older
    games run on 256 colours (Solitaire included) and are not compatible
    with the XP colour scheme of High & True colour. Thank you for trying
    to help!

    Aggie.

    Agnes L, Oct 5, 2005
  5. Agnes L

    Agnes L Guest

    "The One" <> wrote in message

    > "Agnes L" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Could use some help! Just bought a new computer along with a Beno
    >> LCD monitor. Love the flat monitor, but the vivid colours are playing
    >> havoc with my eyes. Is there anyway to tone down the colours? Am
    >> new to XP Home Operating System.
    >>
    >> Thanks, Aggie
    >>

    > Did it not come with a manual?

    No, it didn't. I bought a computer bundle and received very few instructions
    and
    nothing related to the monitor.
    Aggie

    Agnes L, Oct 5, 2005
  6. Agnes L

    bambam Guest

    "Agnes L" <> wrote in

    > Sorry Kenny, l should have been more specific! Given all the changes
    > in properties, etc. one has to make with a new computer, l was looking
    > for a quick fix! My desktop colours are fine, but when l try to play
    > games the colours are almost blinding. Have since discovered that a
    > lot of the older games run on 256 colours (Solitaire included) and are
    > not compatible with the XP colour scheme of High & True colour. Thank
    > you for trying to help!

    Hi Aggie, you might like to have a look at this program:

    QRes
    Freeware (open source)
    QRes provides automatic screen mode change for Windows applications. For
    instance, you can make QRes switch to 800 x 600 @ 256 colors as long as
    you run a game and switch back to your regular screen mode when it is
    over.

    http://qres.sourceforge.net/

    bambam, Oct 5, 2005
  7. Agnes L

    Agnes L Guest

    "bambam" <> wrote in message
    > "Agnes L" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Sorry Kenny, l should have been more specific! Given all the changes
    >> in properties, etc. one has to make with a new computer, l was looking
    >> for a quick fix! My desktop colours are fine, but when l try to play
    >> games the colours are almost blinding. Have since discovered that a
    >> lot of the older games run on 256 colours (Solitaire included) and are
    >> not compatible with the XP colour scheme of High & True colour. Thank
    >> you for trying to help!

    > Hi Aggie, you might like to have a look at this program:
    >
    > QRes
    > Freeware (open source)
    > QRes provides automatic screen mode change for Windows applications. For
    > instance, you can make QRes switch to 800 x 600 @ 256 colors as long as
    > you run a game and switch back to your regular screen mode when it is
    > over.
    >
    > http://qres.sourceforge.net/

    Thanks Bambam! Will give it a try!

    Aggie