    I know some ad have a tendacy to exagrate but I would think blatant
    lies if exposed would hurt the ad's value.
    Spam block in place, no emil reply is expected at all.

    Impmon, Oct 2, 2006

  2. Impmon

    Justin Guest

    Impmon wrote on [Sun, 01 Oct 2006 23:41:09 GMT]:
    > Just saww the ad on TV that Little Mermaid was coming out this Tuesday
    > but I had the TV on mute so I didn't hear anything. At the end it
    > displayed "First time on disc"
    >
    > If that was true, I will sell my 7 year old Little Mermaid DVD on eBay
    > with a BIN of one cent plus free shipping. I know the one I have
    > isn't pirated as they were bought at a local store and Kmart isn't
    > known for selling counterfiet DVD.
    >
    > I know some ad have a tendacy to exagrate but I would think blatant
    > lies if exposed would hurt the ad's value.

    Obviously you didn't listen to the ad. First time on two disc dvd.

    Justin, Oct 2, 2006

  3. Impmon

    Quanta Guest

    "Justin" <> wrote in message
    > Impmon wrote on [Sun, 01 Oct 2006 23:41:09 GMT]:
    >> Just saww the ad on TV that Little Mermaid was coming out this Tuesday
    >> but I had the TV on mute so I didn't hear anything. At the end it
    >> displayed "First time on disc"
    >>
    >> If that was true, I will sell my 7 year old Little Mermaid DVD on eBay
    >> with a BIN of one cent plus free shipping. I know the one I have
    >> isn't pirated as they were bought at a local store and Kmart isn't
    >> known for selling counterfiet DVD.
    >>
    >> I know some ad have a tendacy to exagrate but I would think blatant
    >> lies if exposed would hurt the ad's value.

    > Obviously you didn't listen to the ad. First time on two disc dvd.

    Two Disc DISNEY DVD

    LOL

    Quanta, Oct 2, 2006
  4. Impmon

    Quanta Guest

    "Quanta" <> wrote in message

    > "Justin" <> wrote in message
    >> Impmon wrote on [Sun, 01 Oct 2006 23:41:09 GMT]:
    >>> Just saww the ad on TV that Little Mermaid was coming out this Tuesday
    >>> but I had the TV on mute so I didn't hear anything. At the end it
    >>> displayed "First time on disc"
    >>>
    >>> If that was true, I will sell my 7 year old Little Mermaid DVD on eBay
    >>> with a BIN of one cent plus free shipping. I know the one I have
    >>> isn't pirated as they were bought at a local store and Kmart isn't
    >>> known for selling counterfiet DVD.
    >>>
    >>> I know some ad have a tendacy to exagrate but I would think blatant
    >>> lies if exposed would hurt the ad's value.

    >> Obviously you didn't listen to the ad. First time on two disc dvd.

    > Two Disc DISNEY DVD
    >
    > LOL

    In case my point is lost, the incredible, stupendous arrogance of the Disney
    to call their products "Now available on Disney DVD" is shameful. They
    appeal to the ignorance of the consumer!

    Quanta, Oct 2, 2006
  5. Impmon

    Impmon Guest

    On Sun, 01 Oct 2006 19:40:43 -0500, Justin <>
    wrote:

    >Impmon wrote on [Sun, 01 Oct 2006 23:41:09 GMT]:
    >> but I had the TV on mute so I didn't hear anything.

    ^^^^^^^^^^

    >Obviously you didn't listen to the ad. First time on two disc dvd.

    Obviously I didn't listen because it was muted in the first place.
    Spam block in place, no emil reply is expected at all.

    Impmon, Oct 2, 2006
  6. Quanta wrote:
    > "Quanta" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>"Justin" <> wrote in message

    >>>Obviously you didn't listen to the ad. First time on two disc dvd.

    >>Two Disc DISNEY DVD
    >>
    >>LOL

    > In case my point is lost, the incredible, stupendous arrogance of the Disney
    > to call their products "Now available on Disney DVD" is shameful. They
    > appeal to the ignorance of the consumer!

    It's not as shameful as when they loaded "Pooh's Grand Adventure" (the
    cheap direct-video from six years ago) with deceptive "Back out of the
    vaults, for a new generation!" copy, to make it sound like the 1973
    "real" film, for the easily confused....

    ....As for this one, 2-disk isn't 1-disk. End of story, nothing to see here.

    Derek Janssen (although have to admit, it IS the closest they've come to
    pretending the Limited Editions never existed)

    Derek Janssen, Oct 2, 2006
  7. Impmon wrote:
    > Just saww the ad on TV that Little Mermaid was coming out this Tuesday
    > but I had the TV on mute so I didn't hear anything. At the end it
    > displayed "First time on disc"

    The ads I saw more accurately said "First time on *2*-disc".
    Which, considering the Limited Edition days, would be correct.

    (And yeah, I remember when they were reduced to giving those away free
    with the first "Snow White" Platinum 2D--
    I could've gotten the 1-disk Mermaid, but nooo, we had "Lady & the
    Tramp" fans in our house...)

    Derek Janssen

    Derek Janssen, Oct 2, 2006
  8. Impmon

    WinField Guest

    Derek Janssen wrote:
    [snip]
    > The ads I saw more accurately said "First time on *2*-disc".
    > Which, considering the Limited Edition days, would be correct.

    Also, the ad I saw showed the "new" 2-disc to have brighter colors than
    the older version. They compared two stills side-by-side to show the
    improvement of reprocessing.

    - winfield

    WinField, Oct 2, 2006
  9. Impmon

    Guest Guest

    "Impmon" <> wrote in message
    > Just saww the ad on TV that Little Mermaid was coming out this Tuesday
    > but I had the TV on mute so I didn't hear anything. At the end it
    > displayed "First time on disc"
    >
    > If that was true, I will sell my 7 year old Little Mermaid DVD on eBay
    > with a BIN of one cent plus free shipping. I know the one I have
    > isn't pirated as they were bought at a local store and Kmart isn't
    > known for selling counterfiet DVD.
    >
    > I know some ad have a tendacy to exagrate but I would think blatant
    > lies if exposed would hurt the ad's value.
    > --
    > When you hear the toilet flush, and hear the words "uh oh", it's already
    > too late. - by anonymous Mother in Austin, TX
    > Spam block in place, no emil reply is expected at all.

    She's the only mermaid in history that wears a bra.

    Guest, Oct 2, 2006
  10. Impmon

    Impmon Guest

    On Mon, 2 Oct 2006 09:24:45 -0700, <> wrote:

    >She's the only mermaid in history that wears a bra.

    Yes and I know it has to be sea shell because "B" shell is too small
    and "D" shell is too big

    nyuk nyuk
    Spam block in place, no emil reply is expected at all.

    Impmon, Oct 2, 2006
  11. You wrote:

    > Derek Janssen wrote:
    > [snip]
    >> The ads I saw more accurately said "First time on *2*-disc".
    >> Which, considering the Limited Edition days, would be correct.

    > Also, the ad I saw showed the "new" 2-disc to have brighter colors than
    > the older version. They compared two stills side-by-side to show the
    > improvement of reprocessing.

    Why not just demand that they get it right the first time?

    Alotta Fagina, Oct 2, 2006
  12. Alotta Fagina wrote:

    >>>The ads I saw more accurately said "First time on *2*-disc".
    >>>Which, considering the Limited Edition days, would be correct.

    >>Also, the ad I saw showed the "new" 2-disc to have brighter colors than
    >>the older version. They compared two stills side-by-side to show the
    >>improvement of reprocessing.

    > Why not just demand that they get it right the first time?

    Hey, when some of us old-timers buy the 2-disks, we imagine crunching
    steps under our feet, as if we're trampling upon piles of the old
    Limited Editions with every step. :)

    Derek Janssen (now, if they'd finally get around to that 2-disk
    "Pinocchio", we can finally bury history)

    Derek Janssen, Oct 2, 2006
  13. Impmon

    GMAN Guest

    In article <>, <> wrote:

    >"Impmon" <> wrote in message
    >> Just saww the ad on TV that Little Mermaid was coming out this Tuesday
    >> but I had the TV on mute so I didn't hear anything. At the end it
    >> displayed "First time on disc"
    >>
    >> If that was true, I will sell my 7 year old Little Mermaid DVD on eBay
    >> with a BIN of one cent plus free shipping. I know the one I have
    >> isn't pirated as they were bought at a local store and Kmart isn't
    >> known for selling counterfiet DVD.
    >>
    >> I know some ad have a tendacy to exagrate but I would think blatant
    >> lies if exposed would hurt the ad's value.
    >> --
    >> When you hear the toilet flush, and hear the words "uh oh", it's already
    >> too late. - by anonymous Mother in Austin, TX
    >> Spam block in place, no emil reply is expected at all.

    >She's the only mermaid in history that wears a bra.

    Not in my fantasies. LMAO. JK

    GMAN, Oct 2, 2006
  14. Impmon

    lugnut Guest

    On Mon, 02 Oct 2006 08:49:52 -0700, WinField <>
    wrote:

    >Derek Janssen wrote:
    >[snip]
    >> The ads I saw more accurately said "First time on *2*-disc".
    >> Which, considering the Limited Edition days, would be correct.

    >Also, the ad I saw showed the "new" 2-disc to have brighter colors than
    >the older version. They compared two stills side-by-side to show the
    >improvement of reprocessing.
    >
    > - winfield

    I've seen the ad too, but the "before" pictures they show are
    definitely worse-looking than the original DVD release was. Seems a
    bit misleading.

    But it looks like the folks over at hometheatreforum.com are tearing
    this thing a new one - supposedly the video is full of what's being
    described as "digital noise," and the reds in Aerial's hair are
    swimming with pixelation. And apparently the new audio mix is leaving
    much to be desired too, with reports of it sounding over-compressed
    and flat.

    -lugnut

    lugnut, Oct 3, 2006
  15. Impmon

    Justin Guest

    Impmon wrote on [Sun, 01 Oct 2006 23:41:09 GMT]:
    > Just saww the ad on TV that Little Mermaid was coming out this Tuesday
    > but I had the TV on mute so I didn't hear anything. At the end it
    > displayed "First time on disc"

    The image on the TV says 2 disc DVD

    Justin, Oct 3, 2006
  16. Impmon

    Dick Sidbury Guest

    In article <2go.com>,
    Justin <> wrote:

    > Impmon wrote on [Sun, 01 Oct 2006 23:41:09 GMT]:
    > > Just saww the ad on TV that Little Mermaid was coming out this Tuesday
    > > but I had the TV on mute so I didn't hear anything. At the end it
    > > displayed "First time on disc"

    > The image on the TV says 2 disc DVD

    How about the first time that the wide screen version is 1.78 instead of
    1.85.

    dick
    -- I know that the difference is hardly noticeable, it's just the
    principle and may lead to the dark side of 2.35 widescreens becoming 1.78

    Dick Sidbury, Oct 4, 2006
  17. On Tue, 03 Oct 2006 20:39:22 -0400, Dick Sidbury wrote:
    > -- I know that the difference is hardly noticeable, it's just the
    > principle and may lead to the dark side of 2.35 widescreens becoming 1.78

    Oh, nobody would pan&scan a Panavision down to 16:9... Would they?

    *cringe*

    --
    61. If my advisors ask "Why are you risking everything on such a mad scheme?",
    I will not proceed until I have a response that satisfies them.

    Peter H. Coffin, Oct 4, 2006