    it up, I know there not in any shops here in Britain

    any advise please so I can ring him and tell him

    cheers Dave

    Dragon, Feb 14, 2004

  2. Dragon

    ChrisM Guest

    > Just a quickie here
    >
    > I was wondering are the Disney treasures (Complete Goofy) dvds are
    > still available to buy in the shops in the states or Canada, as I
    > have a m8 who's gone to New York today shopping for a weak I was
    > going to ask him to pick me it up, I know there not in any shops here
    > in Britain
    >
    > any advise please so I can ring him and tell him
    >

    > cheers Dave

    technically you may find them in the shops, it would be old stock thats been
    laying there for over a year. its worth looking though, but very unlikely so
    i wouldnt get him to go out of his way too much to try.
    they are being released over here, goofy hasnt been given a date yet though

    ChrisM, Feb 15, 2004

  3. Dragon

    jayembee Guest

    "ChrisM" <> wrote:

    >> I was wondering are the Disney treasures (Complete Goofy) dvds are
    >> still available to buy in the shops in the states or Canada, as I
    >> have a m8 who's gone to New York today shopping for a weak I was
    >> going to ask him to pick me it up, I know there not in any shops here
    >> in Britain

    >technically you may find them in the shops, it would be old stock thats been
    >laying there for over a year. its worth looking though, but very unlikely so
    >i wouldnt get him to go out of his way too much to try.
    >they are being released over here, goofy hasnt been given a date yet though

    It's worth noting that within the last couple of months (first noticed
    when I was Christmas shopping) that boxed sets of all seven of the
    tins were being sold at Costco. They were only available in that set,
    though, not individually.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Feb 16, 2004
  4. Dragon

    GMAN Guest

    In article <FmyXb.13526$>, "Dragon" <> wrote:

    >Just a quickie here
    >
    >I was wondering are the Disney treasures (Complete Goofy) dvds are still
    >available to buy in the shops in the states or Canada, as I have a m8 who's
    >gone to New York today shopping for a weak I was going to ask him to pick me
    >it up, I know there not in any shops here in Britain
    >
    >any advise please so I can ring him and tell him
    >

    >cheers Dave

    I still see them in WalMart and SAMS clubs

    GMAN, Feb 16, 2004
  5. GMAN wrote:
    > In article <FmyXb.13526$>,
    > "Dragon" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> Just a quickie here
    >>
    >> I was wondering are the Disney treasures (Complete Goofy) dvds are
    >> still
    >> available to buy in the shops in the states or Canada, as I have a
    >> m8 who's
    >> gone to New York today shopping for a weak I was going to ask him to
    >> pick me
    >> it up, I know there not in any shops here in Britain
    >>
    >> any advise please so I can ring him and tell him
    >>

    >> cheers Dave
    >>

    > I still see them in WalMart and SAMS clubs

    I believe the sets are only in normal dvd cases not the metal collectable
    tins though.
    Panic

    General Panic, Feb 16, 2004
  6. > Just a quickie here

    > I was wondering are the Disney treasures (Complete Goofy) dvds are still
    > available to buy in the shops in the states or Canada, as I have a m8

    who's
    > gone to New York today shopping for a weak I was going to ask him to pick

    me
    > it up, I know there not in any shops here in Britain
    >
    > any advise please so I can ring him and tell him
    >

    > cheers Dave

    The collectable 'tins' are mostly long gone. But they've been re-released
    without the tin - just the DVD's in a plastic twin case.
    As mentioned they were available at Costco but it mightbe worth a look
    around.

    Clinton Baptiste, Feb 16, 2004