    only release. This is not a good sign at all.

    --
    Demolition Man

    Brian The Demolition Man Little, May 25, 2004

  2. Brian The Demolition Man Little

    Black Locust Guest

    In article <>,
    "Brian The Demolition Man Little" <> wrote:

    > According to DVDFile.com, "Ella Enchanted" is getting a P&S
    > only release. This is not a good sign at all.

    Well, I'm betting it's going to be an open-matte transfer, not P&S.
    Still, the disc should at least be a flipper with a widescreen version
    included.

    But does anyone over the age of 13 even care about this movie? Honestly
    Brian, you're better off waiting for Anne Hathaway's next movie "Havoc"
    to come out on DVD... Let's just say it's a whole hell of a lot
    different than Ella Enchanted or anything else she's done before....
    --
    BL

    Black Locust, May 25, 2004

  3. Brian The Demolition Man Little wrote:

    > According to DVDFile.com, "Ella Enchanted" is getting a P&S
    > only release. This is not a good sign at all.

    It's Miramax, and there was someone WAITING for it??

    Derek Janssen (need a third reason?)

    Derek Janssen, May 25, 2004
  4. That's it Black Locust I'm sick and tired of this crap!
    Now someone hit my music....
    > Well, I'm betting it's going to be an open-matte transfer, not P&S.
    > Still, the disc should at least be a flipper with a widescreen version
    > included.

    IMDB doesn't have the tech specs on its filming process, tho
    any trailers I have seen to this point are all 1.85:1.

    > But does anyone over the age of 13 even care about this movie?
    > Honestly Brian, you're better off waiting for Anne Hathaway's next
    > movie "Havoc" to come out on DVD... Let's just say it's a whole hell
    > of a lot different than Ella Enchanted or anything else she's done
    > before....

    "Ella Enchanted" looks campy and cheesy, which I don't mind watching
    from time to time. Not every film that comes out has to be "Lord Of
    The Rings" as far as quality if you know what I mean.

    --
    Demolition Man

    Brian The Demolition Man Little, May 25, 2004
  5. Brian The Demolition Man Little

    Black Locust Guest

    In article <>,
    "Brian The Demolition Man Little" <> wrote:

    > IMDB doesn't have the tech specs on its filming process, tho
    > any trailers I have seen to this point are all 1.85:1.

    Which more than likely means it was soft-matted to 1.85:1. Most Disney
    films of this nature are open-matte. So I don't think a FOOL screen only
    release would be completely evil, but I do understand where you're
    coming from. I guess if I was actually going to buy this movie I would
    care more. :) Fortunately for me, most of the Disney films I care about
    are given widescreen transfers, often widescreen ONLY. Take Pirates of
    the Carribean for example.

    > "Ella Enchanted" looks campy and cheesy, which I don't mind watching
    > from time to time. Not every film that comes out has to be "Lord Of
    > The Rings" as far as quality if you know what I mean.

    That's true. Blue Crush is a guilty pleasure of mine. :) I hate to even
    admit this, but I've actually seen every episode of Full House...
    <commence laughing now> I'll probably give Ella Enchanted a rental just
    because I find Anne Hathaway to be incredibly attractive.
    --
    BL

    Black Locust, May 26, 2004
  6. That's it Black Locust I'm sick and tired of this crap!
    Now someone hit my music....
    > Which more than likely means it was soft-matted to 1.85:1. Most Disney
    > films of this nature are open-matte. So I don't think a FOOL screen
    > only release would be completely evil, but I do understand where
    > you're coming from. I guess if I was actually going to buy this movie
    > I would care more. :) Fortunately for me, most of the Disney films I
    > care about are given widescreen transfers, often widescreen ONLY.
    > Take Pirates of the Carribean for example.

    Very true. But to me, I want whatever the intended AR is even if its
    matted. And "Ella Enchanted" looks great at 1.85:1 - well, at least the
    trailer does.

    >> "Ella Enchanted" looks campy and cheesy, which I don't mind watching
    >> from time to time. Not every film that comes out has to be "Lord Of
    >> The Rings" as far as quality if you know what I mean.

    > That's true. Blue Crush is a guilty pleasure of mine. :) I hate to
    > even admit this, but I've actually seen every episode of Full House...
    > <commence laughing now> I'll probably give Ella Enchanted a rental
    > just because I find Anne Hathaway to be incredibly attractive.

    And it looks absolutely cheesy as hell! ;)

    --
    Demolition Man

    Brian The Demolition Man Little, May 26, 2004
  7. Brian The Demolition Man Little

    Mark Spatny Guest

    Black Locust, says...
    > I hate to even
    > admit this, but I've actually seen every episode of Full House...

    I wonder if there is a 12 step program for you. "Hi my name is Black
    Locust, and I have a problem"

    Mark Spatny, Jun 2, 2004
  8. Brian The Demolition Man Little

    GMAN Guest

    In article <>, Mark Spatny <> wrote:
    >Black Locust, says...
    >> I hate to even
    >> admit this, but I've actually seen every episode of Full House...

    >I wonder if there is a 12 step program for you. "Hi my name is Black
    >Locust, and I have a problem"

    You got it . DUDE!!!!

    GMAN, Jun 3, 2004