    mw Guest

    The last time I bought a 2 disc Special Ed. DVD was last week. It was KING KONG and it cost $19.88 at Wal-Mart.
    TOday I went to Wal-Mart to buy the new CHRONICLES OF NARNIA 2 DVD set. I was stunned to see the price of $27 and some change! I eventually bought it at Circuit City for $24.99. Which is still $5 more than I thought I would have to pay. You used to be able to buy a double disc DVD for about $20. It looks like Disney is trying to push up the price of these sets. I hope they aren't starting a trend.

    mw, Apr 5, 2006

  2. On Tue, 04 Apr 2006 23:49:41 GMT, "mw" <> wrote:

    >The last time I bought a 2 disc Special Ed. DVD was last week. It was KING KONG and it cost $19.88 at Wal-Mart.
    >TOday I went to Wal-Mart to buy the new CHRONICLES OF NARNIA 2 DVD set. I was stunned to see the price of $27 and some change! I eventually bought it at Circuit City for $24.99. Which is still $5 more than I thought I would have to pay. You used to be able to buy a double disc DVD for about $20. It looks like Disney is trying to push up the price of these sets. I hope they aren't starting a trend.

    It was 23.98 at my Wal-Mart

    Fred C. Dobbs, Apr 5, 2006

  3. mw

    Jay G. Guest

    On Tue, 04 Apr 2006 23:49:41 GMT, mw wrote:

    > The last time I bought a 2 disc Special Ed. DVD was last week. It was KING
    > KONG and it cost $19.88 at Wal-Mart. TOday I went to Wal-Mart to buy the
    > new CHRONICLES OF NARNIA 2 DVD set. I was stunned to see the price of $27
    > and some change! I eventually bought it at Circuit City for $24.99. Which
    > is still $5 more than I thought I would have to pay. You used to be able to
    > buy a double disc DVD for about $20. It looks like Disney is trying to push
    > up the price of these sets. I hope they aren't starting a trend.

    Disney did the same thing way back in 2001 with The Emperor's New Groove.
    The only thing that makes this trend "new" is that Disney stopped doing it
    for a while.

    -Jay

    Jay G., Apr 5, 2006
  4. mw

    Jim Johnson Guest

    On Tue, 04 Apr 2006 23:49:41 GMT, "mw" <> wrote:

    >The last time I bought a 2 disc Special Ed. DVD was last week. It was KING KONG and it cost $19.88 at Wal-Mart.
    >TOday I went to Wal-Mart to buy the new CHRONICLES OF NARNIA 2 DVD set. I was stunned to see the price of $27 and some change! I eventually bought it at Circuit City for $24.99. Which is still $5 more than I thought I would have to pay. You used to be able to buy a double disc DVD for about $20. It looks like Disney is trying to push up the price of these sets. I hope they aren't starting a trend.

    Please learn how to use the line wrap feature of your news reader.
    It's a pain trying to read you post without you doing so.

    Thanks

    Jim

    Jim Johnson, Apr 5, 2006
  5. mw

    Richard C. Guest

    "Jim Johnson" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 04 Apr 2006 23:49:41 GMT, "mw" <> wrote:
    >
    >>The last time I bought a 2 disc Special Ed. DVD was last week. It was
    >>KING KONG and it cost $19.88 at Wal-Mart.
    >>TOday I went to Wal-Mart to buy the new CHRONICLES OF NARNIA 2 DVD set. I
    >>was stunned to see the price of $27 and some change! I eventually bought
    >>it at Circuit City for $24.99. Which is still $5 more than I thought I
    >>would have to pay. You used to be able to buy a double disc DVD for about
    >>$20. It looks like Disney is trying to push up the price of these sets. I
    >>hope they aren't starting a trend.

    > Please learn how to use the line wrap feature of your news reader.
    > It's a pain trying to read you post without you doing so.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Jim

    =============================
    Reads fine here......even adjusts to the width of the window.

    Richard C., Apr 5, 2006
  6. mw

    Larry Gold Guest

    Seems the UK is now cheaper than the USA
    we have a supermarket war going on for years and I picked up Narina for
    £13.00 around $18.00 I think

    Larry Gold, Apr 15, 2006
  7. Also two disc KING KONG for £9.75 ($16.00)

    Stephen Clark, Apr 15, 2006