    released different versions of the film. Does anyone know?

    Thanx,
    _P

    Philio, Jun 2, 2004

  2. Philio

    kay Guest

    "Philio" <> wrote in message
    news:nu8vc.94363$...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I just rented "Freaky Friday" and I'm having problems with accessing
    > widescreen. It seems the default is full screen but I don't appreciate
    > seeing a screen image cropped and distorted. How can I change to

    widescreen?
    > Some dvd's have a different formats on the other side of the disc but I
    > don't think this one does. Is there a menu command I'm missing? Perhaps

    they
    > released different versions of the film. Does anyone know?
    >
    > Thanx,

    I think it asks you as soon as you put the disc in

    kay, Jun 2, 2004

  3. Philio

    Jay G Guest

    Philio <> wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I just rented "Freaky Friday" and I'm having problems with accessing
    > widescreen. It seems the default is full screen but I don't
    > appreciate seeing a screen image cropped and distorted. How can I
    > change to widescreen? Some dvd's have a different formats on the
    > other side of the disc but I don't think this one does. Is there a
    > menu command I'm missing? Perhaps they released different versions
    > of the film. Does anyone know?

    The Canadian DVD of the film is 4:3 only, presumably to make
    room for the French dub.

    -Jay

    Jay G, Jun 2, 2004
  4. Philio

    djskyler Guest

    "Philio" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I just rented "Freaky Friday" and I'm having problems with accessing
    > widescreen. It seems the default is full screen but I don't appreciate
    > seeing a screen image cropped and distorted. How can I change to

    widescreen?
    > Some dvd's have a different formats on the other side of the disc but I
    > don't think this one does. Is there a menu command I'm missing? Perhaps

    they
    > released different versions of the film. Does anyone know?
    >
    > Thanx,
    > _P

    Disney's USA DVD release of the new Freaky Friday was fullscreen only, no
    widescreen version was produced.

    djskyler, Jun 2, 2004
  5. That's it djskyler I'm sick and tired of this crap!
    Now someone hit my music....
    > Disney's USA DVD release of the new Freaky Friday was fullscreen
    > only, no widescreen version was produced.

    Strange, the copy I rented off of Netflix has both on it.

    --
    Demolition Man

    Brian The Demolition Man Little, Jun 2, 2004
  6. Philio

    kay Guest

    "Brian The Demolition Man Little" <> wrote in message
    > That's it djskyler I'm sick and tired of this crap!
    > Now someone hit my music....
    > > Disney's USA DVD release of the new Freaky Friday was fullscreen
    > > only, no widescreen version was produced.

    > Strange, the copy I rented off of Netflix has both on it.
    >
    > --
    > Demolition Man

    Yep mine also from netflix.

    kay, Jun 2, 2004
  7. Philio

    Mark Spatny Guest

    Philio, says...
    > It seems the default is full screen but I don't appreciate
    > seeing a screen image cropped and distorted.

    The fact that you used the word "distorted" makes me wonder if the
    problem isn't the DVD, but the way you have your player set up. Do the
    people look tall and skinny? Usually when people on this newsgroup
    complain about "distorted images", it is because they have their player
    set up with the wrong TV screen aspect ratio.

    If you are using "distorted" simply to mean "not the original aspect
    ratio", then ignore the above paragraph.

    Mark Spatny, Jun 2, 2004
  8. Philio

    Richard C. Guest

    "djskyler" <> wrote in message
    : "Philio" <> wrote in message
    : news:nu8vc.94363$...
    : > Hi all,
    : >
[...]
    :
    ===================
    All the ones I saw at Best Buy had both..................

    Richard C., Jun 4, 2004
  9. Philio

    Jim Fraas Guest

    My copy has Widescreen on it.
    I wouldn't even consider getting it unless it did.
    Personally I think they should have scrapped fuckframe in favor of a
    widescreen version of the 1976 version as an "extra".

    --
    A widescreen edition of a movie presents the film frame as it was seen in
    the movie theater. This is the version that best preserves the filmmaker's

    Jim Fraas, Jun 7, 2004