    spec.

    None of the Boot Time functions are there.

    Any help always appreciated.

    =?Utf-8?B?T29oIE1hdHJvbg==?=, Jun 29, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?T29oIE1hdHJvbg==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Sounds like another program that installs and then doesn't run properly on
    x64. Thanks for the info.

    John Barnes, Jun 29, 2005

  3. Thsnks for the reply, sounds like there might be a few posts on here that
    follow the same lines..??

    Has anyone listed software they've installed and had no problems with, it
    might be useful? This is the first major hurdle I've come across, so I might
    be one of the luckier ones.?

    =?Utf-8?B?T29oIE1hdHJvbg==?=, Jun 29, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?T29oIE1hdHJvbg==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Its spotty but there are several posts of programs that have worked
    perfectly. Most do. They mostly either install and work or don't install.

    John Barnes, Jun 29, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?T29oIE1hdHJvbg==?=

    Unforgiven Guest

    :
    : Has anyone listed software they've installed and had no problems
    : with, it might be useful? This is the first major hurdle I've come
    : across, so I might be one of the luckier ones.?
    :

    Yes, you can grab O&O Defrag V8.0 Professional Edition 64-bit Version (beta)
    8.0.1414 2005-05-23 from

    http://www.oo-software.com/en/download/index.shtml

    It's beta but very stable. I have had no problems at all running this
    software.

    Let us know how you make out.

    :
    : "John Barnes" wrote:
    :
    :: Sounds like another program that installs and then doesn't run
    :: properly on x64. Thanks for the info.
    ::
    ::
    :: "Ooh Matron" <> wrote in message
    :: news:...
    ::: Just installed Diskeeper 9 on a Dell Precision 670 running XP64, to
    ::: find that
    ::: the Diskeeper GUI looks completely different from a XP32 machine of
    ::: the same
    ::: spec.
    :::

    Unforgiven, Jun 29, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?T29oIE1hdHJvbg==?=

    Rick Guest

    If you look at the program information, you will find that Diskeeper
    does not run in x64 even though it appears to install. All that is
    running is the stripped-down version that ships with x64, just like the
    32-bit XP.

    Rick, Jun 29, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?T29oIE1hdHJvbg==?=

    DKI Guest

    The only version of diskeeper that works on X64 is the server editions,

    the GUI he is seeing i recon is the default defragmanter that comes with X64

    DKI, Jun 29, 2005
  8. =?Utf-8?B?T29oIE1hdHJvbg==?=

    DKI Guest

    If it was'nt driver based then it would work but the only version of
    diskeeper to get an X64 driver upgrade is the server editions as far as i
    know in time though that might change if execsoft see that there is demand
    for it

    DKI, Jun 29, 2005
  9. You have to change the shortcut so that it doesn't open the built in
    defragmenter.

    Change the 'target' to this:

    x:\WINDOWS\system32\mmc.exe /32 "y:\Program Files\Executive
    Software\Diskeeper\Diskeeper.msc"

    And 'start in' to this:

    "y:\Program Files\Executive Software\Diskeeper\"

    Where "x" is your system drive and "y" is where Diskeeper is installed.

    Hope this helps.

    Bill

    Wm D. Christensen, Jul 2, 2005