  1. Rob J

    Rob J Guest

    Anything good software considered apart from GDisk!
    Rob J, Jul 27, 2005

  2. Rob J

    Malcolm Guest

    On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 09:56:23 +1200, Rob J wrote:

    > Anything good software considered apart from GDisk!

    I've always found Ranish Partition Manager to be good;

    http://www.ranish.com/part/

    Cheers
    Malcolm
    Malcolm, Jul 27, 2005

  3. Rob J

    Invisible Guest

    On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 09:56:23 +1200, Rob J <> wrote:

    >Anything good software considered apart from GDisk!

    Ultimate BootCD has some good ones, takes a long time but it does the job.
    Invisible, Jul 28, 2005
  4. Rob J

    Allistar Guest

    Rob J wrote:

    > Anything good software considered apart from GDisk!

    You could use a Linux live Cd (like Knoppix) and use the dd command to copy
    a whole lot of either random or "0" or "1" data to the disk.

    Allistar.
    Allistar, Jul 28, 2005
  5. In article <>, Allistar <> wrote:

    >Rob J wrote:
    >
    >> Anything good software considered apart from GDisk!

    >You could use a Linux live Cd (like Knoppix) and use the dd command to copy
    >a whole lot of either random or "0" or "1" data to the disk.

    To be effective, you need to do multipass writes with a mixture of
    different random patterns
    <http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/pubs/secure_del.html>.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jul 28, 2005
  6. Rob J