    I have a 40 gig HD.But it's only showing as a 31.4 gig.Anyone any idea why
    this is.I know it wont show as a 40 gig because of the mbs in 1 gig.but it
    used to show as 38 gig.
    Bulld0g, Sep 28, 2003

  2. Bulld0g

    philo Guest

    "Bulld0g" <> wrote in message
    news:bl67hp$194$...
    > I have a 40 gig HD.But it's only showing as a 31.4 gig.Anyone any idea why
    > this is.I know it wont show as a 40 gig because of the mbs in 1 gig.but it
    > used to show as 38 gig.

    first thing to do is check the bios to be sure it's being
    detected correctly
    philo, Sep 28, 2003

  3. Bulld0g

    Bulld0g Guest

    "philo" <NONphiloNONplazaearthNONcomNON> wrote in message

    > "Bulld0g" <> wrote in message
    > > I have a 40 gig HD.But it's only showing as a 31.4 gig.Anyone any idea

    why
    > > this is.I know it wont show as a 40 gig because of the mbs in 1 gig.but

    it
    > > used to show as 38 gig.
    > >

    > first thing to do is check the bios to be sure it's being
    > detected correctly

    Yes it's ok in the bios.It's detecting it.and everything seems ok with
    HD.I've run scandisk and everythings ok on that. I just can't understand how
    its showing at 31 gig
    Bulld0g, Sep 28, 2003
  4. Bulld0g

    Bad Dog Guest

    Bulld0g wrote:
    > "philo" <NONphiloNONplazaearthNONcomNON> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Bulld0g" <> wrote in message
    >>> I have a 40 gig HD.But it's only showing as a 31.4 gig.Anyone any idea
    >>> why this is.I know it wont show as a 40 gig because of the mbs in 1
    >>> gig.but it used to show as 38 gig.
    >>>

    >> first thing to do is check the bios to be sure it's being
    >> detected correctly

    > Yes it's ok in the bios.It's detecting it.and everything seems ok with
    > HD.I've run scandisk and everythings ok on that. I just can't understand
    > how its showing at 31 gig

    Use a bootdisk and type fdisk at the prompt, choose option 4 to display
    status of the current drive.

    --
    Bad Dog *eg*
    Bad Dog, Sep 28, 2003