    free MB, so why does my comp keep telling me that its run out of
    space?

    thanks
    Nob0dy, Sep 7, 2004

  2. Nob0dy

    Wizard Guest

    because 153 MB isn't a piss hole in the snow and far less that you
    require for a swap file. My advice is get a bigger drive soon before you
    find out what real grief can be.

    Wizard, Sep 7, 2004

  3. Nob0dy

    Jim Berwick Guest

    (Nob0dy) wrote in news:92205341.0409071128.31788951
    @posting.google.com:

    > on the My Computer icon and the C drive, it says 7.70 GB used, and 153
    > free MB, so why does my comp keep telling me that its run out of
    > space?

    For all intents and purposes, 153 megs is "out of space"
    Jim Berwick, Sep 7, 2004
  4. Nob0dy

    James Baber Guest

    --
    Jim Baber's reply:

    I believe you may have gotten confused;

    1. The disk out of space message does NOT have anything to do with your memory
    chip, and you have gone in the right direction with that upgrade, but I think
    you really should upgrade further to 256 mb, if you can afford it.

    2. The disk out of space is telling you that you have less than 10% spare space
    on your C drive. There is only 7.853 GB on your C drive and you have used 7.700
    GB of that space. There is a lot of space that you "MAY" be able to reclaim,
    but you would be smarter to bite the bullet and install an additional new hard
    disk.

    I gather that your knowledge of computers is limited, so I suggest that you have
    a good shop do this for you. In this part of Calif. you should be able to get
    both upgrades for less than $100.

    However, your system is still going to be much slower and very limited as
    compared to what you can buy today "NEW" from Dell, Best Buy, Circuit City, and
    many other places for less than $500. I am guessing that your computer is at
    least 6 to 8 years old, and I suspect that it will start having major problems
    within a year or two, perhaps even sooner.

    (see my 10kW grid tied solar system at "www.baber.org")

    1350 W Mesa Ave.
    Fresno CA, 93711
    (559) 435-9068
    (559) 905-2204 cell

    Email
    James Baber, Sep 7, 2004
  5. Nob0dy

    Chet Guest

    It is "out of space" because there isn't enough space for System Restore to
    work correctly. Turn off system restore or limit it to less disk space.

    Chet, Sep 7, 2004
  6. remove all the porno,
    check for viruses,
    use winzip/winrar,