Disk Read Error - Abort, Retry or Ignore

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by mak7q, Dec 28, 2009.

  1. mak7q

    mak7q

    Joined:
    Dec 28, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    I've got a Toshiba Notebook Satellite M100. Once I tried installing another Windows XP to F: as C drive had a system file missing and I didn't have the Toshiba Recovery CD with me. After installing that, I took the backup of my data on C drive and then once I had the Toshiba recover CD, I tried recovering the data.

    Now that the installation is finished and the computer is restarted it shows the following error:

    "ERROR READING DISK
    ABORT, RETRY, FAIL"

    I'm not sure what has happened. Even though I'm trying boot with the CD, the same error is there.

    Is my all data gone or what??? :-(

    Can anyone please help me out with this? I'd appreciate your time.

    Thanks,
    Mak

    mak7q, Dec 28, 2009