    Any ides, please
    Martin

    , Aug 16, 2005

  2. why? Guest

    On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 16:17:24 GMT, wrote:

    >hello. can anyone help?
    >I reloaded windows 2000 (thinking I was reparing it) and I cannot now access
    >the D partition on the hard drive.
    >When I try to access it, a message " access denied" comes up.

    Possibly because the SID (Security ID) of the new account you are using
    isn't the same as the old SID, even with the same username.

    This question has appeard before in 24HSHD, search

    >Any ides, please

    (right click means - the primary mouse button )

    Check the security settings.

    My Computer | right click Manage | Disk Management

    You can see the drive partition okay?

    Select the partition , right click Properties | Security

    Add / Remove the appropriate Accounts / Permissions.

    You may also need to check the option for the Owner , that's in the
    Advanced tab.

    Usually you can remove the existing usernames and add the sameones back
    again.

    There is a MS KB article on default permissions, IIRC it's mainly system
    folders but still worth a read.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q244600
    there is a small mention of defaults for other drives at the end.

    You could Google around a bit using that article as a clue.

    Me

    why?, Aug 16, 2005