    Suburbia is where the developer bulldozes out the trees,
    then names the streets after them.

    ....Bill Vaughn
    Tom, May 24, 2006

  2. Tom

    AZ Nomad Guest

    On Tue, 23 May 2006 20:34:01 -0700, Tom <> wrote:

    >Just tried to transfer a few pics and got message that the disk is not
    >formatted. I've previously transferred pics from this camera with no
    >problems, does this mean the media has somehow become corrupted? If I
    >click OK to format, I'll lose the pics in the camera?

    yes.

    You probably pulled the 'disk' out while it was being written to.
    If you reformat, you'll lose the pictures.

    You might be able to recover the pictures at a PC.
    AZ Nomad, May 24, 2006

  3. Tom

    Tom Guest

    AZ Nomad <> wrote:
    >>Just tried to transfer a few pics and got message that the disk is not
    >>formatted. I've previously transferred pics from this camera with no
    >>problems, does this mean the media has somehow become corrupted? If I
    >>click OK to format, I'll lose the pics in the camera?

    >You probably pulled the 'disk' out while it was being written to.
    >If you reformat, you'll lose the pictures.
    >You might be able to recover the pictures at a PC.

    The SmartCard didn't move, it's in the camera. I was transferring
    from the camera to the PC.

    Tom, May 24, 2006
  4. Tom

    Bob Williams Guest

    Tom wrote:

    > Just tried to transfer a few pics and got message that the disk is not
    > formatted. I've previously transferred pics from this camera with no
    > problems, does this mean the media has somehow become corrupted? If I
    > click OK to format, I'll lose the pics in the camera?

    Try putting it into a card reader.
    Sometimes it is a problem with the camera software.
    Do not format the card until you have exhausted all suggestions.
    There are some free programs that may help you recover the images. Go to
    Google to find some names.
    Bob Williams
    Bob Williams, May 24, 2006
  5. Tom

    Dave Cohen Guest

    Bob Williams wrote:

    > Tom wrote:
    >
    >> Just tried to transfer a few pics and got message that the disk is not
    >> formatted. I've previously transferred pics from this camera with no
    >> problems, does this mean the media has somehow become corrupted? If I
    >> click OK to format, I'll lose the pics in the camera?

    > Try putting it into a card reader.
    > Sometimes it is a problem with the camera software.
    > Do not format the card until you have exhausted all suggestions.
    > There are some free programs that may help you recover the images. Go to
    > Google to find some names.
    > Bob Williams

    This one seems to work about as good as my PhotoRescue and its free:
    http://www.vaiosoft.com/products/recoverymanager.html
    Dave Cohen
    Dave Cohen, May 24, 2006
  6. Tom

    Guest

    Whatever you do if you do format do it in
    the camera, not with a computer
    , May 24, 2006
  7. Tom

    Tom Guest

    wrote:
    >Whatever you do if you do format do it in
    >the camera, not with a computer

    Good point, thanks.

    Tom, May 25, 2006
  8. Tom

    Tom Guest

    Any idea what would cause it to suddenly require formatting? Does it
    mean the card's going bad, or somehow became corrupted?

    Tom, May 25, 2006