Disk full while accessing...

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Skybuck Flying, Dec 12, 2008.

  1. Hello,

    Today I tried a couple of programs:

    Magic ISO
    Ultra ISO
    dmg2iso.exe
    Power ISO 4.3

    In that order too.

    All programs installed and removed except dm2iso.exe

    Now suddenly some files on my ntfs c:\ drive cannot be read it says:

    Disk full while accessing c:\etc\somefile.img.

    Very strange...

    I suspect Power ISO focked something up since it asked for a reboot...

    Any idea's what might be wrong ?

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Dec 12, 2008

  2. Actually that's a message that I am getting in textpad.

    Filedisk.exe can also not mount it any more ?

    Weird.

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Dec 12, 2008

  3. Maybe the problem is with an application called:

    "PearPC Control Panel"

    It also uses filedisk.exe "a virtual disk driver".

    I am already using filedisk.exe to mount my own filedisk images.

    I ll try deinstalling this application to see if that fixes anything.

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Dec 12, 2008
  4. Problem solved.

    Apperently this "PearPC Control Panel" uses filedisk.exe to do stuff..

    The application was programmed by some Visual Basic Programmer... I should
    have known better than to install programs writen by visual basic fools ;)

    Fortunately... the uninstall program worked nicely... and removed the
    filedisk registry stuff so after reboot no filedisk images where being
    mounted...

    This clearly indicate the problem to me... pearpc fucks with filedisk
    registers.

    Anyway.

    Simply running filedisk.reg... to put new/correct registry settings into the
    registry fixed the problem.

    Nice example of "tools" conflict.

    Anyway last time I install a VB application I promise ;)

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Dec 12, 2008
  5. "philo" <> wrote in message

    > "Skybuck Flying" <> wrote in message
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> Today I tried a couple of programs:
    >>
    >> Magic ISO
    >> Ultra ISO
    >> dmg2iso.exe
    >> Power ISO 4.3
    >>
    >> In that order too.
    >>
    >> All programs installed and removed except dm2iso.exe
    >>
    >> Now suddenly some files on my ntfs c:\ drive cannot be read it says:
    >>
    >> Disk full while accessing c:\etc\somefile.img.
    >>
    >> Very strange...
    >>
    >> I suspect Power ISO focked something up since it asked for a reboot...
    >>
    >> Any idea's what might be wrong ?
    >>
    >> Bye,
    >> Skybuck.
    >>

    > Try deleting the file...it's probably a huge phantom of some type

    It contains important data you fool lol :)

    Bye,
    Skybuck ;)

    Skybuck Flying, Dec 12, 2008
  6. There are two applications:

    filedisk.exe

    And PearPC which has it's apperently own version of filedisk.exe.

    These two conflict with each other.

    (filedisk.exe is a free tool available for mounting disk images, handy tool
    ! ;))

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Dec 12, 2008
  7. "Skybuck Flying" <> wrote in message
    > There are two applications:
    >
    > filedisk.exe
    >
    > And PearPC which has it's apperently own version of filedisk.exe.

    PearPC Control Panel... add-on application by some third party vb-developer
    ;)

    Skybuck Flying, Dec 12, 2008
  8. Skybuck Flying

    philo Guest

    "Skybuck Flying" <> wrote in message
    > There are two applications:
    >
    > filedisk.exe
    >
    > And PearPC which has it's apperently own version of filedisk.exe.
    >
    > These two conflict with each other.
    >
    > (filedisk.exe is a free tool available for mounting disk images, handy

    tool
    > ! ;))
    >
    > Bye,
    > Skybuck.

    OK...
    well just how large is that image file???

    philo, Dec 13, 2008
  9. "philo" <> wrote in message

    > "Skybuck Flying" <> wrote in message
    >> There are two applications:
    >>
    >> filedisk.exe
    >>
    >> And PearPC which has it's apperently own version of filedisk.exe.
    >>
    >> These two conflict with each other.
    >>
    >> (filedisk.exe is a free tool available for mounting disk images, handy

    > tool
    >> ! ;))
    >>
    >> Bye,
    >> Skybuck.
    >>

    > OK...
    > well just how large is that image file???

    Why would that matter ?

    Let it rest... the problem has been solved ;) :)

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Dec 14, 2008
  10. You're really are a kind, considerate, and caring individual!

    This is not the first example of you jumping in here with a
    complaint about a situation and then all of a sudden you
    post a response like this and you NEVER, EVER, give others
    the courtesy of letting them know what the solution was,
    even if it was OMF!

    Come back again sometime and rant and rave about something
    and then just leave everyone hanging!

    Bobby Johnson, Dec 14, 2008
  11. Solution is:

    Deinstall Pear Pc Control Panel.

    Install filedisk.reg.

    Already told you somewhere in that mess I wrote...

    There one more time specially for you.

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Dec 14, 2008
  12. "philo" <> wrote in message

    > "Skybuck Flying" <> wrote in message
    >> "philo" <> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > "Skybuck Flying" <> wrote in message

    >> > tool

    > I don't believe you for a second!

    I'll interpret that as a question for where can I get this good stuff ? :)

    http://www.acc.umu.se/~bosse/

    Bye,
    Bye,
    Skybuck =D ;)