    other two have better graphics showing the progress.

    Thanks,

    Dave
    Dave C., Dec 8, 2010

  2. Dave C.

    Kele Guest

    For the Win 7 I use the Auslogics. On the older XP I use Perfect Disk. I'm
    more familiar and tried more with XP and this is what happened... Windows
    (MS) defrags its way and Perfect Disk moves everything it's way. Long ago I
    stopped using Windows defrag and just stick to one so they don't conflict
    each other. Note that both MS defrag on XP, Perfect Disk, and Auslogics on
    Win 7 GUIs have a graphical representation of the drive as it's being
    defragged; the Win 7 MS defrag does not so I can't tell about what it does
    to the file organization.

    ---------------------
    "Dave C." <> wrote:

    I have three disk defraggers;

    MS Defrag
    Auslogiscs Defrag
    Piriform Defraggler

    I have always used MS Defrag but curious about the two others. Are
    the other two as reliable, better, maybe faster than MS Defrag? The

    Kele, Dec 8, 2010

  3. Dave C.

    Dave C. Guest

    On Dec 8, 6:14 pm, "Kele" <> wrote:
    > For the Win 7 I use the Auslogics.  On the older XP I use Perfect Disk.  I'm
    > more familiar and tried more with XP and this is what happened...  Windows
    > (MS) defrags its way and Perfect Disk moves everything it's way.  Long ago I
    > stopped using Windows defrag and just stick to one so they don't conflict
    > each other.  Note that both MS defrag on XP, Perfect Disk, and Auslogics on
    > Win 7 GUIs have a graphical representation of the drive as it's being
    > defragged; the Win 7 MS defrag does not so I can't tell about what it does
    > to the file organization.
    >
    > ---------------------
    >
    > "Dave C." <> wrote:
    >
    > I have three disk defraggers;
    >
    > MS Defrag
    > Auslogiscs Defrag
    > Piriform Defraggler
    >
    > I have always used MS Defrag but curious about the two others.  Are
    > the other two as reliable, better, maybe faster than MS Defrag?  The
    > other two have better graphics showing the progress.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Dave

    Thanks, Kele, Auslogics is suberb and clearly the one of choice (OS
    XP, Sp3).

    What I didn't know is that different defrags each do it differently,
    and sticking to one defrag makes sense.

    Thanks,

    Dave

    PS Before I sent the first posting, I started to use the Windows
    defrag, and by comparison, it was quite a bit slower.
    Dave C., Dec 10, 2010