    and it still won't work. Any ideas on what it could be? or how to get
    it to work?

    , Dec 27, 2008

  2. Iapetus Guest

    wrote:
    > Every time I try to use my disk defrag it doesn't work it says "disk
    > defragmenter could not start". I have even tryed doing it in safe mode
    > and it still won't work. Any ideas on what it could be? or how to get
    > it to work?

    Which operating system and what defrag program are you using?

    Have you tried Defraggler or any of the many many other defrag tools on
    the market?

    http://www.defraggler.com/

    http://www.snapfiles.com/Freeware/system/fwdefrag.html

    Iapetus, Dec 27, 2008

  3. wrote:
    > Every time I try to use my disk defrag it doesn't work it says "disk
    > defragmenter could not start". I have even tryed doing it in safe mode
    > and it still won't work. Any ideas on what it could be? or how to get
    > it to work?

    Buggered partition table ?
    Buggered HDD - physical : bad sectors ?

    Buggered PSU ?

    Centre Parting, Dec 27, 2008
  4. Mr Pounder Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Every time I try to use my disk defrag it doesn't work it says "disk
    > defragmenter could not start". I have even tryed doing it in safe mode
    > and it still won't work. Any ideas on what it could be? or how to get
    > it to work?

    JkDefrag is very good, very fast and free.
    Better than the one in Windows (?)

    I had better go before somebody shouts at me.

    Mr Pounder

    Mr Pounder, Dec 28, 2008