    vendors all via e-mail.
    Thanks for the input
    Stan

    Stan, Apr 1, 2004

  2. Stan

    Wizard Guest

    It's fast when it works, of course that seems to be weather dependent.

    Wizard, Apr 1, 2004

  3. Stan

    Thor Guest

    Aside from weather issues that Wizard mentioned, it's also fairly expensive
    compared to most cable ISP and DSL. DirecWay, for example is about $60 per
    month, and that is after paying roughly $600 in installation and equipment
    fees. Or they will waive those fees if you pay $90 a month for a couple of
    years.

    Thor, Apr 1, 2004
  4. Stan

    Night_Seer Guest

    Wizard wrote:
    > It's fast when it works, of course that seems to be weather dependent.
    >
    > Stan wrote:
    >>
    >> What are the advantages/disadvantages of dish type internet
    >> connections. Is one better than the rest?
    >> My company is thinking about switching to dish.
    >> We use the internet mainly to quote prices, receive quotes and order
    >> from vendors all via e-mail.
    >> Thanks for the input
    >> Stan

    Is the problem of slow upload speeds no longer existant?

    --
    Night_Seer

    Night_Seer, Apr 2, 2004
  5. Stan

    Thor Guest

    > Wizard wrote:
    > > It's fast when it works, of course that seems to be weather dependent.
    > >
    > > Stan wrote:
    > >>
    > >> What are the advantages/disadvantages of dish type internet
    > >> connections. Is one better than the rest?
    > >> My company is thinking about switching to dish.
    > >> We use the internet mainly to quote prices, receive quotes and order
    > >> from vendors all via e-mail.
    > >> Thanks for the input
    > >> Stan

    > Is the problem of slow upload speeds no longer existant?

    That has been eliminated because the new systems are two-way dishes. No
    longer does the system require a phone line for uploads. However, I have
    heard that satellite-based internet systems do have a higher lag than
    land-based broadband systems if you do online gaming.

    Thor, Apr 2, 2004
  6. Stan

    Night_Seer Guest

    Thor wrote:
    > "Night_Seer" <ecamacho4 at hotmail dot com> wrote in message
    >> Wizard wrote:
    >>> It's fast when it works, of course that seems to be weather
    >>> dependent.

    >> Is the problem of slow upload speeds no longer existant?

    > That has been eliminated because the new systems are two-way dishes.
    > No longer does the system require a phone line for uploads. However,
    > I have heard that satellite-based internet systems do have a higher
    > lag than land-based broadband systems if you do online gaming.

    I have heard something similar about high latency. I didn't know about
    the two way dishes...that's great...but they are really expensive, and
    they find ways to insert hidden charges.

    --
    Night_Seer

    Night_Seer, Apr 2, 2004