    Do I need a newer Vonage box?

    Thanks in advance!
    Dave
    Henry Cabot Henhouse III, Feb 6, 2006

  2. Henry Cabot Henhouse III

    Rick Merrill Guest

    Henry Cabot Henhouse III wrote:
    > I have an older Motorola Vonage adapter. I finally got around to hooking up
    > my 3 Dish boxes to the line. When I do the connection test, it shows OK.
    > But
    > when I try to do the dial out/update it continually fails.
    >
    > Do I need a newer Vonage box?
    >
    > Thanks in advance!
    > Dave

    You are trying to get your Dish-boxes to dial out using VoiP?

    You may have exceeded the capacity of the adapter with 3 units;
    try one at a time.

    Does the Viop connector work AOK for voice?
    Rick Merrill, Feb 6, 2006

  3. The 3 boxes just sit on the line and only dial out. Normal phone calls are
    fine. When I monitor the line, sounds like I get modem from the distant end,
    when the box tries to communicate, things just start getting all goofy and
    the modem tones disappear (overly compressed?)

    Henry Cabot Henhouse III, Feb 7, 2006
  4. Henry Cabot Henhouse III

    Rick Merrill Guest

    Henry Cabot Henhouse III wrote:
    > The 3 boxes just sit on the line and only dial out. Normal phone calls are
    > fine. When I monitor the line, sounds like I get modem from the distant end,
    > when the box tries to communicate, things just start getting all goofy and
    > the modem tones disappear (overly compressed?)
    >

    > "Rick Merrill" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Henry Cabot Henhouse III wrote:
    >>
    >>>I have an older Motorola Vonage adapter. I finally got around to hooking
    >>>up
    >>>my 3 Dish boxes to the line. When I do the connection test, it shows OK.
    >>>But
    >>>when I try to do the dial out/update it continually fails.
    >>>
    >>>Do I need a newer Vonage box?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks in advance!
    >>>Dave
    >>>

    >>You are trying to get your Dish-boxes to dial out using VoiP?
    >>
    >>You may have exceeded the capacity of the adapter with 3 units;
    >>try one at a time.
    >>
    >>Does the Viop connector work AOK for voice?

    Certain modems and certain FAX units will not work over VoiP because
    of the "compression" algorithms used in both units. You need to check
    with your VoiP provider for a list of the modems/fax that they support.
    Rick Merrill, Feb 7, 2006
  5. Henry Cabot Henhouse III

    coolbreeze Guest

    "Henry Cabot Henhouse III" <> wrote in message
    > I have an older Motorola Vonage adapter. I finally got around to hooking

    up
    > my 3 Dish boxes to the line. When I do the connection test, it shows OK.
    > But
    > when I try to do the dial out/update it continually fails.
    >
    > Do I need a newer Vonage box?
    >
    > Thanks in advance!
    > Dave

    Soop:

    try prefacing your dial string with *99.

    If that doesn't do the trick, try your question on Vonage user forums

    Later...
    Asswipe
    coolbreeze, Feb 8, 2006
  6. I set the bandwidth saver to 90k and that seemed to do it. What does the
    *99 do?

    Henry Cabot Henhouse III, Feb 8, 2006
  7. Henry Cabot Henhouse III

    > I set the bandwidth saver to 90k and that seemed to do it. What does the
    > *99 do?
    >

    > "coolbreeze" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Henry Cabot Henhouse III" <> wrote in message
    > >> I have an older Motorola Vonage adapter. I finally got around to

    hooking
    > > up
    > >> my 3 Dish boxes to the line. When I do the connection test, it shows

    OK.
    > >> But
    > >> when I try to do the dial out/update it continually fails.
    > >>
    > >> Do I need a newer Vonage box?
    > >>
    > >> Thanks in advance!
    > >> Dave
    > >>

    > > Soop:
    > >
    > > try prefacing your dial string with *99.
    > >
    > > If that doesn't do the trick, try your question on Vonage user forums
    > >

    > > Later...
    > > Asswipe

    sets Vonage line for data transmission

    Did it work???
    coolbreeze, Feb 11, 2006
  8. "coolbreeze" <> wrote in message

    > "Henry Cabot Henhouse III" <> wrote in message
    >> I set the bandwidth saver to 90k and that seemed to do it. What does the
    >> *99 do?
    >>

    >> "coolbreeze" <> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > "Henry Cabot Henhouse III" <> wrote in
    >> > message

    > hooking
    >> > up

    > OK.

    >> > Soop:
    >> >
    >> > try prefacing your dial string with *99.
    >> >
    >> > If that doesn't do the trick, try your question on Vonage user forums
    >> >

    >> > Later...
    >> > Asswipe
    >> >

    > sets Vonage line for data transmission
    >
    > Did it work???

    I didnt try the *99 .... I tried to add it as a dial prefix in the 921 and
    the 921 wouldn't acccept a * as a digit.
    Upping to highest bandwidth did solve the prob tho.
    Henry Cabot Henhouse III, Feb 11, 2006