    .

    How do I do that without also changing emails I send from my email client
    (Outlook 2003)?

    Cal Smith, Aug 10, 2004

  2. Cal Smith

    Pun Krocker Guest

    On this day, 10/Aug/04 21:06, Cal Smith said the following:
    > I use Outlook Express 6 for newsgroups. I'd like to disguise my email
    > address as I see many of you are doing - such as
    > .
    >
    > How do I do that without also changing emails I send from my email client
    > (Outlook 2003)?

    Change it in your acounts settings, the one used for Usenet is different
    from your email one.

    --
    d[®_®]b PK

    interviewing people who can't talk
    for people who can't read."

    Pun Krocker, Aug 10, 2004

  3. Cal Smith

    Cal Smith Guest

    Thanks.

    This is a test. In Outlook Express, I just changed the Email Address and
    Return Address fields in Tools>Accounts>News>Properties

    Cal Smith, Aug 10, 2004
  4. Cal Smith

    Himm Guest

    Cal Smith wrote:
    > I use Outlook Express 6 for newsgroups. I'd like to disguise my email
    > address as I see many of you are doing - such as
    > .
    >
    > How do I do that without also changing emails I send from my email client
    > (Outlook 2003)?

    why do you ask this in mozilla ng?

    Himm, Aug 10, 2004
  5. Cal Smith

    Cal Smith Guest

    "Himm" <> wrote in message
    > Cal Smith wrote:
    > > I use Outlook Express 6 for newsgroups. I'd like to disguise my email
    > > address as I see many of you are doing - such as
    > > .
    > >
    > > How do I do that without also changing emails I send from my email

    client
    > > (Outlook 2003)?
    > >

    > why do you ask this in mozilla ng?

    Point well taken. Pun Krocker graciously answered my query.

    Sadly, alt.usenet, alt.fan.usenet, alt.usenet.newbies are all filled with
    porn these days.

    Cal Smith, Aug 10, 2004
  6. Cal Smith

    AyntRyte Guest

    Cal Smith wrote:

    > Sadly, alt.usenet, alt.fan.usenet, alt.usenet.newbies are all filled with
    > porn these days.

    Have you tried
    24hoursupport.helpdesk ?
    That group covers most things computer (and internet) in general.

    --
    \\// Robert

    AyntRyte, Aug 11, 2004
  7. Cal Smith

    Cal Smith Guest

    "AyntRyte" <> wrote in message
    > Cal Smith wrote:
    >

    > > Sadly, alt.usenet, alt.fan.usenet, alt.usenet.newbies are all filled

    with
    > > porn these days.
    > >

    > Have you tried
    > 24hoursupport.helpdesk ?
    > That group covers most things computer (and internet) in general.
    >
    > --
    > \\// Robert

    Thanks, Robert

    Cal Smith, Aug 11, 2004
  8. Cal Smith

    .BRIAN. Guest

    Cal Smith wrote:

    > Thanks.
    >
    > This is a test. In Outlook Express, I just changed the Email Address and
    > Return Address fields in Tools>Accounts>News>Properties

    Even though this is off-topic, I'd just like to note that when munging
    your email address, it's best to change the information to the *right*
    of the "@", not the left. Even though you changed your portion of the
    address, spammers are still harvesting and using it, and now they are
    just hitting your ISPs server with stupid email address that don't
    exist. Therefore you should consider changing the "@tconl.com" portion
    to something that doesn't resolve, instead of your portion of the address.

    Also, email harvesters are pretty good with demunging your address. So
    you should also consider inserting text without adding any addition "dots".

    Perhaps or something to that
    effect would be better. And then be sure to add "take out
    WHYDOIHAVETODOTHIS to reply". I personally remove my address all
    together, and use a graphic on a webpage (located in my sig). However
    you really need to scramble the text or blur it better than mine is, as
    graphics can still be "read" if they are simple enough.

    --
    Brian

    Email Info -
    http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm

    .BRIAN., Aug 11, 2004
  9. *** .BRIAN. escribió/wrote (Tue, 10 Aug 2004 20:04:30 -0400):
    > Even though this is off-topic, I'd just like to note that when munging
    > your email address, it's best to change the information to the *right*
    > of the "@", not the left.

    Unluckily, some news servers (such us individual.net) require that your
    e-mail address belongs to a valid domain.

    -+ Álvaro G. Vicario - Burgos, Spain - ICQ 46788716
    +- http://www.demogracia.com (la web de humor para mayores de 100 años)
    ++ «Sonríe, que te vamos a hacer una foto para la esquela»

    Alvaro G. Vicario, Aug 11, 2004
  10. Cal Smith

    .BRIAN. Guest

    Alvaro G. Vicario wrote:

    > *** .BRIAN. escribió/wrote (Tue, 10 Aug 2004 20:04:30 -0400):
    >
    >>Even though this is off-topic, I'd just like to note that when munging
    >>your email address, it's best to change the information to the *right*
    >>of the "@", not the left.

    > Unluckily, some news servers (such us individual.net) require that your
    > e-mail address belongs to a valid domain.

    Then you just go open up a disposable address i.e. hotmail.

    .BRIAN., Aug 11, 2004
  11. Cal Smith

    Huw Roberts Guest

    ..BRIAN. wrote:
    > Alvaro G. Vicario wrote:
    >
    >> *** .BRIAN. escribió/wrote (Tue, 10 Aug 2004 20:04:30 -0400):
    >>
    >>> Even though this is off-topic, I'd just like to note that when
    >>> munging your email address, it's best to change the information to
    >>> the *right* of the "@", not the left.

    >> Unluckily, some news servers (such us individual.net) require that your
    >> e-mail address belongs to a valid domain.
    >>

    > Then you just go open up a disposable address i.e. hotmail.

    ....or use the Mailinator. ;)

    Huw

    Huw Roberts, Aug 12, 2004
  12. Cal Smith wrote:

    > I use Outlook Express 6 for newsgroups. I'd like to disguise my email
    > address as I see many of you are doing - such as
    > .
    >
    > How do I do that without also changing emails I send from my email client
    > (Outlook 2003)?

    WTF?
    This is *way* off topic!
    I do not know how you do that, but I can suggest another solution to
    your SPAM problem: Simply change your email/news client to Mozilla
    Thunderbird. It is free, and if you did that your questions would be a
    bit more on topic :)

    --
    Thomas Damgaard Nielsen
    http://tdn.peps.dk

    Thomas Damgaard Nielsen, Aug 12, 2004
  13. Cal Smith

    Arne Guest

    Cal Smith wrote:
    > "Himm" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Cal Smith wrote:
    >>
    >>>I use Outlook Express 6 for newsgroups. I'd like to disguise my email
    >>>address as I see many of you are doing - such as
    >>>.
    >>>
    >>>How do I do that without also changing emails I send from my email

    > client
    >
    >>>(Outlook 2003)?
    >>>

    >>why do you ask this in mozilla ng?
    >>

    > Point well taken. Pun Krocker graciously answered my query.
    >
    > Sadly, alt.usenet, alt.fan.usenet, alt.usenet.newbies are all filled with
    > porn these days.

    Since you use a Microsoft product, why don't you look for a Microsoft
    newsgroup for Internet Explorer and/or Outlook (Express)????

    --
    Arne

    Arne, Aug 12, 2004