Discussion about segregating bandwidth with Cisco 7513, Cisco 3750 and Cisco 3640

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by iskandar@measat.com, Jun 17, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Dear group members,

    In the network environment which I maintain, we have a video streaming
    signal piping from my station, to Los Angeles using a direct IPLC line
    of 45 Mbps. Once reach Los Angeles it was pipe to another equipment
    which present the video signal to various recipient.

    Once I tried to have a internet connection by subcribing an E1 line to
    the ISP provider in Los Angeles. I got 32 Public IP and quiet happy
    with the service. In Los Angeles, I have 1 unit of Cisco 7513 with a
    DS3 card. I got another Cisco 7513 in Malaysia with a DS3 card.

    To make the internet connection work, I subscribed an E1 link with the
    local ISP in Los Angeles. I bought a Cisco 3640 with E1 port. I use
    the FE port on Cisco 3640 to tap to the Cisco 7513.

    Over in Malaysia, I bought a cisco 2811 and tapped from a FE port to
    Cisco 7513 FE port. Then I created a tunnel between cisco 3640 and
    cisco 2811. Below is the sketch diagram.

    |----------Los Angeles------------------|
    |---------------Malaysia---------------|

    ISP -----E1------Cisco3640 -----FE-----Cisco7513
    ===T3==Cisco7513------FE----Cisco2811

    <============================================>
    Tunnel

    In this tunnel I put in a public IP and I manage to get internet.

    I got one of my office friend who wants a 256K for his personal
    emailing system. Using the current E1 subcription, I planned to give
    him 1 public IP and tap his computer to a Cisco Catalyst 3750 port and
    rate limit it to 256K.

    The question or challenge for discussion here is can I do tunnelling on
    Cisco 3750.

    What other options that I have to play since I only have Cisco Catalyst
    3750 to play with, I do not intend to buy any more since this is more
    on exploration work. Hard for me to justify to the company since I
    cannot create a busines impact from the exploration work.

    Regards

    Iskandar Hussein
    Malaysia.
    , Jun 17, 2006

  2. Hi Iskandar,

    You may wish to investigate the Cisco Catalyst 3750 Switch Software
    Configuration Guide.

    Configuring 802.1Q and Layer 2 Protocol Tunneling

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...figuration_guide_chapter09186a00802c1101.html

    Hope this helps.

    Brad Reese
    BradReese.Com - Cisco Network Engineer Directory
    http://www.bradreese.com/network-engineer-directory.htm
    1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
    Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
    USA & Canada: 877-549-2680