    weight. it shows network activity, but i cant find the IP address of
    it. how can i find the IP address? I know the mac address. but the IP
    could be anything.

    markdavidson, Feb 29, 2008

  2. markdavidson

    smlunatick Guest

    On Feb 29, 8:42 am, markdavidson <> wrote:
    > I have a wireless access point that i may have turned into a paper
    > weight. it shows network activity, but i cant find the IP address of
    > it. how can i find the IP address? I know the mac address. but the IP
    > could be anything.

    Several routers / access point also have a "reset" method which will
    return the unit back to the factory default settings. Then, following
    the unit's user guide, you can redo the settings.

    smlunatick, Feb 29, 2008

  3. markdavidson

    markdavidson Guest

    On Feb 29, 8:22 am, smlunatick <> wrote:
    > On Feb 29, 8:42 am, markdavidson <> wrote:
    >
    > > I have a wireless access point that i may have turned into a paper
    > > weight. it shows network activity, but i cant find the IP address of
    > > it. how can i find the IP address? I know the mac address. but the IP
    > > could be anything.

    > Several routers / access point also have a "reset" method which will
    > return the unit back to the factory default settings.  Then, following
    > the unit's user guide, you can redo the settings.

    this thing is a paper weight...i.e. corrupted firmware i believe
    i actually foud the ip, but now netgear doesnt have a firmware
    download for this thing (wg602v4)

    markdavidson, Feb 29, 2008
  4. markdavidson

    smlunatick Guest

    On Feb 29, 12:24 pm, markdavidson <> wrote:
    > On Feb 29, 8:22 am, smlunatick <> wrote:
    >
    > > On Feb 29, 8:42 am, markdavidson <> wrote:

    > > > I have a wireless access point that i may have turned into a paper
    > > > weight. it shows network activity, but i cant find the IP address of
    > > > it. how can i find the IP address? I know the mac address. but the IP
    > > > could be anything.

    > > Several routers / access point also have a "reset" method which will
    > > return the unit back to the factory default settings.  Then, following
    > > the unit's user guide, you can redo the settings.

    > this thing is a paper weight...i.e. corrupted firmware i believe
    > i actually foud the ip, but now netgear doesnt have a firmware
    > download for this thing (wg602v4)

    I would try to do the unit reset before junking it. Firmware do not
    corrupt itself (especially since you state that there is not a
    firmware update.)

    smlunatick, Feb 29, 2008
  5. Hi
    It is Not clear what are your expectations. I.e what do you think would
    happen if you just keep complaining about "paper weight".
    You want to try to revive the thing do as suggested above.
    Otherwise (today) this is only $7.99 after rebate and free ship,
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833156038
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Mar 1, 2008