    the reliability of the dealers offering them. I've looked several times
    and most
    dealers with any reputation have not discounted.

    gja1, Nov 6, 2003

  2. gja1

    PhotoMan Guest

    "gja1" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I was wondering if anyone has gotten any discounts on the Digital Rebel
    > and
    > the reliability of the dealers offering them. I've looked several times
    > and most
    > dealers with any reputation have not discounted.

    The way it's selling there's absolutely no good business reason to discount
    it. They're flying off the shelves. I spent last Saturday morning looking
    for a retailer with one in stock, and had to drive 250 miles to Atlanta to
    get mine.

    PhotoMan, Nov 6, 2003

  3. gja1

    Mark B. Guest

    "gja1" <> wrote in message
    > I was wondering if anyone has gotten any discounts on the Digital Rebel
    > and
    > the reliability of the dealers offering them. I've looked several times
    > and most
    > dealers with any reputation have not discounted.

    Why should they? It's selling like hotcakes. Just be glad it' not like the
    new car industry where they jack the price up above list for hot sellers.

    Mark

    Mark B., Nov 6, 2003
  4. Your best shot at a discount is watching for a 10% off coupon for a store
    that sells them. I got my DR kit for $900 (reg $999) from Best Buy using
    their coupon.

    Ed

    --
    Edgar B. Stephenson
    AT&T Internet Services

    Ed Stephenson, Nov 6, 2003
  5. gja1

    Stewy Guest

    The biggest discount I've seen here in Japan for the 300D KISS (as it's
    known here) was 128,000 yen which translates to about $1185, with lens.
    However very few dealers here seem willing to ship overseas, probably
    because of insurance or language problems.

    Stewy, Nov 6, 2003
  6. gja1

    peter Guest

    A day or two ago mpsuperstore has the body+lens kit with a 20% discount =
    $800. However, they have since raised the price so high the discount is no
    longer attractive.

    If you can wait till thanksgiving, perhaps such deal would show up again.
    Check techbargains.com or similar sites daily, because such deals tend to
    come and go very quickly.

    peter, Nov 8, 2003
  7. gja1

    Randy Rhine Guest

    The local Fry's is advertising the kit for $997. Wow!!! $2 below list.

    rr

    Randy Rhine, Nov 8, 2003
  8. gja1

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    Randy Rhine wrote:

    > The local Fry's is advertising the kit for $997. Wow!!!
    > $2 below list.

    Typical Fry's... :)

    Paolo Pizzi, Nov 8, 2003
  9. gja1

    PhotoMan Guest

    "Paolo Pizzi" <> wrote in message
    > Randy Rhine wrote:
    >
    > > The local Fry's is advertising the kit for $997. Wow!!!
    > > $2 below list.

    > Typical Fry's... :)

    Since they can't acquire them quickly enough to meet demand, why would they
    want to discount them? I surely wish I could create something (anything)
    that made people stand in line with cash in their hands to buy!

    PhotoMan, Nov 8, 2003
  10. gja1

    PhotoMan Guest

    "PhotoMan" <> wrote in message

    > "Paolo Pizzi" <> wrote in message
    > > Randy Rhine wrote:
    > >
    > > > The local Fry's is advertising the kit for $997. Wow!!!
    > > > $2 below list.

    > > Typical Fry's... :)

    > Since they can't acquire them quickly enough to meet demand, why would

    they
    > want to discount them? I surely wish I could create something (anything)
    > that made people stand in line with cash in their hands to buy!

    A further note - I had to make a 480 mile round trip to get mine, and the
    salesperson said they don't even discount counter samples!

    PhotoMan, Nov 8, 2003
  11. In article <>,
    Randy Rhine <> wrote:

    > The local Fry's is advertising the kit for $997. Wow!!! $2 below list.
    >
    > rr

    Fry's has always been near or above MSRP on their main products. Don't
    think for a minute that they have low prices on anything but their lost
    leaders.

    The one I went to was throwing in a free camera bag but I couldn't find
    one that was any good. I asked for a free lens pen instead. Online
    discounts weren't low enough to offset their increased risk when I was
    out to buy my camera.

    Kevin McMurtrie, Nov 11, 2003