    It will be replaced by the 70-306 or another exam ?

    Thx
    Nat
    Nat, Jan 19, 2004

  2. In news: 0bc101c3deda$cc7d5af0$,
    Nat <> wrote:
    > Example for exam 70-176.
    > "This exam is scheduled to be discontinued on June 30,
    > 2004"
    >
    > Does it means that just the content of the exam will be
    > modified ?
    > OR
    > It will be replaced by the 70-306 or another exam ?

    It means that the exam will not be available and you cannot take it. It
    won't be "replaced" in that there will no longer be any exams pertaining to
    Visual Studio 6. Also, you will no longer be able to get a MCSD
    certificaiton based on Visual Studio 6 exams. If you take the exam (or all
    the exams for the VS6 MCSD) before June 30 then you will not "lose" your
    certification, but will continue to be certified indefinitely.

    I don't consider the .NET exams to be "replacements" for the VS6 exams -
    VS.NET is pretty much a whole different animal.

    www.cindywinegarden.com
    Cindy Winegarden, Jan 19, 2004