    Win32/MFC/ATL/COM programmers ???

    thanks,
    Pawar

    Pawar, Jan 10, 2006

  2. Pawar

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >I just heard that MS has doscontinued MCSD for Visual Studio 6 (
    >basically VC++)

    Also in the news, Elvis is dead.

    >So if this is true...What certifications are available for VC++ 6
    >Win32/MFC/ATL/COM programmers ???

    None.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Jan 10, 2006

  3. > I just heard that MS has doscontinued MCSD for Visual Studio 6 (
    > basically VC++)

    There are some good arguments for keeping a C/C++ certification path, I
    think. You have a nice driver-model for Vista(+) and other uses for C++.
    On at least one of the currently running beta-exams, you are able to use C++
    (managed code, obviously). This tells me that it is a good possibility there
    will be a C++ track for Vista.
    Remember that most of the code written in Redmond is C++ code and much code
    is written using unmanaged code. Expect the C++ certification tracks (if any)
    to be radically different, of course.
    There are in my view good reasons to use ATL Server and ISAPI filters, yet,
    and I don't think the need will go away.

    > So if this is true...What certifications are available for VC++ 6
    > Win32/MFC/ATL/COM programmers ???
    >
    > thanks,
    > Pawar

    Forget VC6, use the new fantastic C++ 2005, it is used to compile all the MS
    products you will use in the future...

    Gorm Braarvig

    =?Utf-8?B?TmV3YmU=?=, Jan 10, 2006