    file size is 30mb and takes about 2hrs to download. Each time I try I get so
    far then I get disconnected!! I got as far as 75% on one attempt, 55% on
    another. Please could you tell me why I keep getting disconnected.

    Robert Harman, Dec 30, 2003

  2. Robert Harman

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Robert Harman said:

    > Dear sir,
    >
    > I am trying to download upgrade drivers & software for PCTV hardware. The
    > file size is 30mb and takes about 2hrs to download. Each time I try I get so
    > far then I get disconnected!! I got as far as 75% on one attempt, 55% on
    > another. Please could you tell me why I keep getting disconnected.

    Please put an extra shilling in the slot.

    Brian H¹©, Dec 30, 2003

  3. Robert Harman

    olfart Guest

    "Robert Harman" <> wrote in message
    > Dear sir,
    >
    > I am trying to download upgrade drivers & software for PCTV

    hardware. The
    > file size is 30mb and takes about 2hrs to download. Each time I try

    I get so
    > far then I get disconnected!! I got as far as 75% on one attempt,

    55% on
    > another. Please could you tell me why I keep getting disconnected.

    Your ISP probably won't let you stay connected that long. Search
    Google for a download accelerator such as Leech Get which supports
    "resume" in case you are disconnected. That way you can restart where
    you left off.

    olfart, Dec 30, 2003
  4. Robert Harman

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Robert Harman said:

    > Dear sir,
    >
    > I am trying to download upgrade drivers & software for PCTV hardware. The
    > file size is 30mb and takes about 2hrs to download. Each time I try I get so
    > far then I get disconnected!! I got as far as 75% on one attempt, 55% on
    > another. Please could you tell me why I keep getting disconnected.

    The office's new year party is in full swing, and as slumpy is..well.. er...
    slumped in a broom cupboard, I have been asked to let you know that once Milly
    gets a couple of drinks (or is that drunks?) inside her, things really get
    going.
    As the office doesn't have a washing machine or spin-dryer, the pc towers are
    just the right height to..well... anyway, the lads keep hitting the reset
    button.
    It is more than anyones life is worth to "coitus interruptus" just to point out
    there are moments of "resetus interruptus" and that better care should be taken
    whilst handling the "equipment".
    I hope that shirley doesn't end up keying in
    format c:
    yes
    yes
    YES

    --
    Boy, was she in for it last year.

    Brian H¹©, Dec 30, 2003
  5. Dear Robert,
    Yes, we have been noticing that you are trying to download this file.
    We simply do not want you to have this particular file and we
    therefore halt the download and disconnect you before it has finished.

    There are many matters of grave importance to global security, and we
    are doing what we have to do in order to insure the safety of the
    masses.
    Perhaps, one day, when the world is a safer place, we will allow you
    to download your file. Until then, please stay vigilant in the global
    fight against terror.
    You're either with us or against us.
    Choose wisely.

    NT World Support Staff, Dec 30, 2003
  6. Robert Harman

    gangle Guest

    2 Words: NTL sucks.

    "Robert Harman" wrote

    gangle, Dec 30, 2003
  7. Robert Harman

    Harrison Guest

    On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 14:38:33 -0000, "Brian H¹©"
    <-vine.co.uk.invalid> wrote:

    >Robert Harman said:
    >
    >> Dear sir,
    >>
    >> I am trying to download upgrade drivers & software for PCTV hardware. The
    >> file size is 30mb and takes about 2hrs to download. Each time I try I get so
    >> far then I get disconnected!! I got as far as 75% on one attempt, 55% on
    >> another. Please could you tell me why I keep getting disconnected.

    >The office's new year party is in full swing, and as slumpy is..well.. er...
    >slumped in a broom cupboard, I have been asked to let you know that once Milly
    >gets a couple of drinks (or is that drunks?) inside her, things really get
    >going.
    >As the office doesn't have a washing machine or spin-dryer, the pc towers are
    >just the right height to..well... anyway, the lads keep hitting the reset
    >button.
    >It is more than anyones life is worth to "coitus interruptus" just to point out
    >there are moments of "resetus interruptus" and that better care should be taken
    >whilst handling the "equipment".
    >I hope that shirley doesn't end up keying in
    >format c:
    >yes
    >yes
    >YES

    Good stuff.

    Harrison, Dec 30, 2003
  8. Robert Harman

    555555 Guest

    > Dear sir,
    >
    > I am trying to download upgrade drivers & software for PCTV hardware. The
    > file size is 30mb and takes about 2hrs to download. Each time I try I get

    so
    > far then I get disconnected!! I got as far as 75% on one attempt, 55% on
    > another. Please could you tell me why I keep getting disconnected.

    Dear sir, you are getting disconnected because Tesco disconnect you after 2
    hours online. They do this so that you cannot download large files as they
    believe that anyone downloading a large file is selfishly hogging bandwith
    that can be used more efficiently by more customers so that Tesco can make
    more money by signing up more customers than they have available bandwith
    for. Or something like that. If you want to download a large file that takes
    longer than 2 hours you should change to their 0845 number so that Tesco can
    also make money from your phone call. You will notice that there is no cut
    off time when you are paying for your internet connection by the length of
    time you are connected. I myself are on broadband so I am connected
    permanently so I do not have these problems. Another solution is to get
    someone who is on broadband to download the file for you and burn it on a CD
    and send it to you.

    555555, Dec 30, 2003
  9. Robert Harman

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Harrison said:

    > On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 14:38:33 -0000, "Brian H¹©"
    > <-vine.co.uk.invalid> wrote:
    >
    >> Robert Harman said:
    >>
    >>> Dear sir,
    >>>
    >>> I am trying to download upgrade drivers & software for PCTV hardware. The
    >>> file size is 30mb and takes about 2hrs to download. Each time I try I get so
    >>> far then I get disconnected!! I got as far as 75% on one attempt, 55% on
    >>> another. Please could you tell me why I keep getting disconnected.

    >> The office's new year party is in full swing, and as slumpy is..well.. er...
    >> slumped in a broom cupboard, I have been asked to let you know that once
    >> Milly gets a couple of drinks (or is that drunks?) inside her, things really
    >> get going.
    >> As the office doesn't have a washing machine or spin-dryer, the pc towers are
    >> just the right height to..well... anyway, the lads keep hitting the reset
    >> button.
    >> It is more than anyones life is worth to "coitus interruptus" just to point
    >> out there are moments of "resetus interruptus" and that better care should
    >> be taken whilst handling the "equipment".
    >> I hope that shirley doesn't end up keying in
    >> format c:
    >> yes
    >> yes
    >> YES

    > Good stuff.

    Yes she is ;-)

    Brian H¹©, Dec 30, 2003
  10. Robert Harman wrote:
    > Dear sir,
    >
    > I am trying to download upgrade drivers & software for PCTV hardware.
    > The file size is 30mb and takes about 2hrs to download. Each time I
    > try I get so far then I get disconnected!! I got as far as 75% on one
    > attempt, 55% on another. Please could you tell me why I keep getting
    > disconnected.

    Your ISP probably has a two hour time-out on your dial-up account, most UK
    dial-up internet is done this way. Find yourself a downloading client that
    can resume broken downloads. Or get yourself broadband.

    michael turner, Dec 30, 2003
  11. Robert Harman

    Patrick Guest

    gangle wrote: