    not even from my BT dial up account.

    Has anyone experienced anything similar before please.
    smicker

    smicker, Jul 24, 2003

  2. smicker

    Richard Guest

    "smicker" <> wrote in message
    news:bfn8e7$61c$...
    > I have just been disconnected by NTL because of a complaint from
    > alleging that I have downloaded or something
    > similar Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas. I have never downloaded anything
    > indeed I do not even know how to ftp but even stranger is when I tried to
    > forward the message on for other posters to advise me I am unable to do so
    > not even from my BT dial up account.
    >
    > Has anyone experienced anything similar before please.
    > smicker

    Contact them via snail mail and request a formal hearing on the matter.
    Request they explain how it is this third party knew precisely you had
    downloaded and installed this item.
    Then ask, why did they make it available?
    Also ask how come you weren't even given a chance to have a say in the
    matter.
    A google search of the email addy reveals this is an effort of the USA based
    "universial studios".
    Apparently, universal doesn't give a damn that you may be booted off your
    ISP, they just inform them that you are a bad boy.

    Fight back and file a law suit against them.
    If you can do that,why are you here?

    Richard, Jul 24, 2003

  3. smicker

    Jimchip Guest

    On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 20:39:47 -0500, Richard wrote:
    [snip]
    > Fight back and file a law suit against them.

    Another of St00pid's LA Lawsoot recommendations.

    > If you can do that,why are you here?

    And why do you even bother, Bullis?

    ---*For More Information On NetKook Richard Bullis*---
    http://www.lart.com/rtsfaq/

    We will have solar energy as soon as the utility companies solve
    one technical problem -- how to run sunlight through a meter.

    Jimchip, Jul 24, 2003
  4. smicker

    smicker Guest

    "Richard" <anom@anom> wrote in message

    > "smicker" <> wrote in message
    > > I have just been disconnected by NTL because of a complaint from
    > > alleging that I have downloaded or something
    > > similar Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas. I have never downloaded anything
    > > indeed I do not even know how to ftp but even stranger is when I tried

    > > forward the message on for other posters to advise me I am unable to do

    so
    > > not even from my BT dial up account.
    > >
    > > Has anyone experienced anything similar before please.
    > > smicker

    > Contact them via snail mail and request a formal hearing on the matter.
    > Request they explain how it is this third party knew precisely you had
    > downloaded and installed this item.
    > Then ask, why did they make it available?
    > Also ask how come you weren't even given a chance to have a say in the
    > matter.
    > A google search of the email addy reveals this is an effort of the USA

    based
    > "universial studios".
    > Apparently, universal doesn't give a damn that you may be booted off your
    > ISP, they just inform them that you are a bad boy.
    >
    > Fight back and file a law suit against them.
    > If you can do that,why are you here?

    But I have never downloaded anything through Kazar. I don't even have an
    account with them yet alone any interest in what they serve up and yet NTL
    have forwarded their complaint to me and disconnected my internet access.
    smicker

    smicker, Jul 24, 2003
  5. On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 01:39:47 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind
    boggled at the following statement by Richard in message

    snip

    > Fight back and file a law suit against them.
    > If you can do that,why are you here?

    Do what I say, not what I do, right, St00pid? Legal advice from Richard
    "The St00pid" Bullis is worth exactly what you pay for it: zip...

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    No of SETI units returned: 1888

    The Old Sourdough, Jul 24, 2003
  6. smicker

    Richard Guest

    "smicker" <> wrote in message

    > "Richard" <anom@anom> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "smicker" <> wrote in message
    > > > I have just been disconnected by NTL because of a complaint from
    > > > alleging that I have downloaded or something
    > > > similar Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas. I have never downloaded

    anything
    > > > indeed I do not even know how to ftp but even stranger is when I tried

    > > > forward the message on for other posters to advise me I am unable to

    do
    > so
    > > > not even from my BT dial up account.
    > > >
    > > > Has anyone experienced anything similar before please.
    > > > smicker

    > > Contact them via snail mail and request a formal hearing on the matter.
    > > Request they explain how it is this third party knew precisely you had
    > > downloaded and installed this item.
    > > Then ask, why did they make it available?
    > > Also ask how come you weren't even given a chance to have a say in the
    > > matter.
    > > A google search of the email addy reveals this is an effort of the USA

    > based
    > > "universial studios".
    > > Apparently, universal doesn't give a damn that you may be booted off

    your
    > > ISP, they just inform them that you are a bad boy.
    > >
    > > Fight back and file a law suit against them.
    > > If you can do that,why are you here?

    > But I have never downloaded anything through Kazar. I don't even have an
    > account with them yet alone any interest in what they serve up and yet NTL
    > have forwarded their complaint to me and disconnected my internet access.
    > smicker

    Which is why you should fight back against the bastards.
    Take the jerks to court if necessary and make them prove you did this.
    Then have an attorney look into possible legal action against universal
    studios for making false claims.
    Having an IP address is not absolute proof that a person did something.
    There is software which allows more than one person to use the same IP.
    It is also quite possible that someone else used your mail addy to register
    with.

    Richard, Jul 24, 2003
  7. smicker

    Richard Guest

    "The Old Sourdough" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 01:39:47 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind
    > boggled at the following statement by Richard in message
    >

    > snip
    >
    > > Fight back and file a law suit against them.
    > > If you can do that,why are you here?
    > >

    > Do what I say, not what I do, right, St00pid? Legal advice from Richard
    > "The St00pid" Bullis is worth exactly what you pay for it: zip...

    Legal advice is obtained by hiring an attorney.

    Richard, Jul 24, 2003
  8. Richard Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed
    in <>:

    > "The Old Sourdough" <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 01:39:47 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind
    >> boggled at the following statement by Richard in message
    >>

    >> snip
    >>
    >> > Fight back and file a law suit against them.
    >> > If you can do that,why are you here?
    >> >

    >> Do what I say, not what I do, right, St00pid? Legal advice from
    >> Richard "The St00pid" Bullis is worth exactly what you pay for it:
    >> zip...
    >>

    > Legal advice is obtained by hiring an attorney.

    Exactly. Not by reading some netkook's message on the net about
    starting a lawsuit.

    Besides, only a netkook would sue someone over whatever the British
    equivalent of $19.95/mnth is.

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck, Jul 24, 2003
  9. Richard Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed
    in <>:

    > "smicker" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Richard" <anom@anom> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > "smicker" <> wrote in message

    > anything

    > do
    >> so

    >> > Contact them via snail mail and request a formal hearing on the
    >> > matter. Request they explain how it is this third party knew
    >> > precisely you had downloaded and installed this item.
    >> > Then ask, why did they make it available?
    >> > Also ask how come you weren't even given a chance to have a say
    >> > in the matter.
    >> > A google search of the email addy reveals this is an effort of
    >> > the USA

    >> based
    >> > "universial studios".
    >> > Apparently, universal doesn't give a damn that you may be booted
    >> > off

    > your
    >> > ISP, they just inform them that you are a bad boy.
    >> >
    >> > Fight back and file a law suit against them.
    >> > If you can do that,why are you here?

    >> But I have never downloaded anything through Kazar. I don't even
    >> have an account with them yet alone any interest in what they serve
    >> up and yet NTL have forwarded their complaint to me and
    >> disconnected my internet access. smicker

    > Which is why you should fight back against the bastards.
    > Take the jerks to court if necessary and make them prove you did
    > this. Then have an attorney look into possible legal action against
    > universal studios for making false claims.

    Court won't prove a thing. This is not a fight any sane lawyer
    would want. Obviously, NTL has the OP's ip in the log. Assuming he
    didn't download anything at that time, either Universal typoed the IP
    addy they had, or someone at NTL misread it.

    > Having an IP address is not absolute proof that a person did
    > something. There is software which allows more than one person to
    > use the same IP. It is also quite possible that someone else used
    > your mail addy to register with.

    Bullshit. I see you STILL do not understand how the net/networking
    works.

    There is no way two totally different people connecting in from
    different spots and accounts could ever have the same IP addy. If
    they did, not only would one receive an 'IP Conflict' message, but
    the packets wouldn't know which computer to route to. In English, one
    or both would get booted off the net. They wouldn't be able to
    resolve names via DNS, much less download anything.

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck, Jul 24, 2003
  10. On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 10:54:50 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind
    boggled at the following statement by Thund3rstruck in message

    > Richard Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed
    > in <>:

    snip
    > Court won't prove a thing. This is not a fight any sane lawyer
    > would want. Obviously, NTL has the OP's ip in the log. Assuming he
    > didn't download anything at that time, either Universal typoed the IP
    > addy they had, or someone at NTL misread it.
    >
    >> Having an IP address is not absolute proof that a person did
    >> something. There is software which allows more than one person to
    >> use the same IP. It is also quite possible that someone else used
    >> your mail addy to register with.

    > Bullshit. I see you STILL do not understand how the net/networking
    > works.

    Gasp! You _dare_ to tell RtS he doesn't know how the 'net/networking/IP
    addressing works? Such temerity. :)

    > There is no way two totally different people connecting in from
    > different spots and accounts could ever have the same IP addy. If
    > they did, not only would one receive an 'IP Conflict' message, but
    > the packets wouldn't know which computer to route to. In English, one
    > or both would get booted off the net. They wouldn't be able to
    > resolve names via DNS, much less download anything.
    >
    > NOI

    St00pid just can't seem to get a grasp on the fundamentals of *anything*.

    The Old Sourdough, Jul 24, 2003
  11. smicker

    Brian H¹© Guest

    smicker said:

    > "Richard" <anom@anom> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "smicker" <> wrote in message
    >>> I have just been disconnected by NTL because of a complaint from
    >>> alleging that I have downloaded or something
    >>> similar Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas. I have never downloaded anything
    >>> indeed I do not even know how to ftp but even stranger is when I tried to
    >>> forward the message on for other posters to advise me I am unable to do so
    >>> not even from my BT dial up account.
    >>>
    >>> Has anyone experienced anything similar before please.
    >>> smicker

    >> Contact them via snail mail and request a formal hearing on the matter.
    >> Request they explain how it is this third party knew precisely you had
    >> downloaded and installed this item.
    >> Then ask, why did they make it available?
    >> Also ask how come you weren't even given a chance to have a say in the
    >> matter.
    >> A google search of the email addy reveals this is an effort of the USA based
    >> "universial studios".
    >> Apparently, universal doesn't give a damn that you may be booted off your
    >> ISP, they just inform them that you are a bad boy.
    >>
    >> Fight back and file a law suit against them.
    >> If you can do that,why are you here?

    > But I have never downloaded anything through Kazar. I don't even have an
    > account with them yet alone any interest in what they serve up and yet NTL
    > have forwarded their complaint to me and disconnected my internet access.
    > smicker

    Phone NTL, ask them to reinstate your account, and carefully check the log
    entries supplied by Universal.
    Universal *did* supply log entries to back up their claim didn't they? ;-)

    Brian H¹©, Jul 24, 2003
  12. smicker

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Richard said:

    > "smicker" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Richard" <anom@anom> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "smicker" <> wrote in message

    >>> Contact them via snail mail and request a formal hearing on the matter.
    >>> Request they explain how it is this third party knew precisely you had
    >>> downloaded and installed this item.
    >>> Then ask, why did they make it available?
    >>> Also ask how come you weren't even given a chance to have a say in the
    >>> matter.
    >>> A google search of the email addy reveals this is an effort of the USA based
    >>> "universial studios".
    >>> Apparently, universal doesn't give a damn that you may be booted off your
    >>> ISP, they just inform them that you are a bad boy.
    >>>
    >>> Fight back and file a law suit against them.
    >>> If you can do that,why are you here?

    >> But I have never downloaded anything through Kazar. I don't even have an
    >> account with them yet alone any interest in what they serve up and yet NTL
    >> have forwarded their complaint to me and disconnected my internet access.
    >> smicker

    (snip)
    > There is software which allows more than one person to use the same IP.

    (snip)

    You really believe the shit you come out with, don't you?

    Brian H¹©, Jul 24, 2003
  13. smicker

    smicker Guest

    "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > The Old Sourdough said:
    >
    > > On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 10:54:50 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind
    > > boggled at the following statement by Thund3rstruck in message
    > >
    > >> Richard Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed
    > >> in <>:
    > >>

    > > snip
    > >> Court won't prove a thing. This is not a fight any sane lawyer
    > >> would want. Obviously, NTL has the OP's ip in the log. Assuming he
    > >> didn't download anything at that time, either Universal typoed the IP
    > >> addy they had, or someone at NTL misread it.

    > >> Bullshit. I see you STILL do not understand how the net/networking
    > >> works.

    > > Gasp! You _dare_ to tell RtS he doesn't know how the 'net/networking/IP
    > > addressing works? Such temerity. :)
    > >>
    > >> There is no way two totally different people connecting in from
    > >> different spots and accounts could ever have the same IP addy. If
    > >> they did, not only would one receive an 'IP Conflict' message, but
    > >> the packets wouldn't know which computer to route to. In English, one
    > >> or both would get booted off the net. They wouldn't be able to
    > >> resolve names via DNS, much less download anything.
    > >>
    > >> NOI

    > > St00pid just can't seem to get a grasp on the fundamentals of

    *anything*.

    > St00pid wouldn't even qualify for a full frontal lobotomy.
    > They wouldn't know which part of his brain cell to remove.

    NTL have now admitted the piracy claim made against me was their mistake and
    it should have had some elses name on it but I am still suspended because I
    threatened to give posters detail out which I think is a bit rough as the
    details were already in the public domain but that is their rule and I broke
    it so for 7 days I am on a dial up account with BT again.
    smicker

    smicker, Jul 24, 2003
  14. smicker

    smicker Guest

    "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > smicker said:
    >
    > > "Richard" <anom@anom> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> "smicker" <> wrote in message

    anything

    do so

    > >> Contact them via snail mail and request a formal hearing on the matter.
    > >> Request they explain how it is this third party knew precisely you had
    > >> downloaded and installed this item.
    > >> Then ask, why did they make it available?
    > >> Also ask how come you weren't even given a chance to have a say in the
    > >> matter.
    > >> A google search of the email addy reveals this is an effort of the USA

    based
    > >> "universial studios".
    > >> Apparently, universal doesn't give a damn that you may be booted off

    your
    > >> ISP, they just inform them that you are a bad boy.
    > >>
    > >> Fight back and file a law suit against them.
    > >> If you can do that,why are you here?

    > > But I have never downloaded anything through Kazar. I don't even have an
    > > account with them yet alone any interest in what they serve up and yet

    NTL
    > > have forwarded their complaint to me and disconnected my internet

    access.
    > > smicker

    > Phone NTL, ask them to reinstate your account, and carefully check the log
    > entries supplied by Universal.
    > Universal *did* supply log entries to back up their claim didn't they? ;-)

    As I said earlier NTL made a mistake by posting me the piracy warning but I
    am still suspended because I threatened to give out the details of a 50 year
    old man who had been posting into a 'teens' group and talking about his
    exploits with prostitutes and making contact with the less robust of them by
    e-mail.
    smicker

    smicker, Jul 24, 2003
  15. smicker

    Brian H¹© Guest

    smicker said:

    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    >> The Old Sourdough said:
    >>
    >>> On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 10:54:50 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind
    >>> boggled at the following statement by Thund3rstruck in message

    >>> snip

    >>> Gasp! You _dare_ to tell RtS he doesn't know how the 'net/networking/IP
    >>> addressing works? Such temerity. :)

    >>> St00pid just can't seem to get a grasp on the fundamentals of *anything*.

    >> St00pid wouldn't even qualify for a full frontal lobotomy.
    >> They wouldn't know which part of his brain cell to remove.

    > NTL have now admitted the piracy claim made against me was their mistake and
    > it should have had some elses name on it but I am still suspended because I
    > threatened to give posters detail out which I think is a bit rough as the
    > details were already in the public domain but that is their rule and I broke
    > it so for 7 days I am on a dial up account with BT again.
    > smicker

    So they haven't disconnected you because they fucked up royally but because you
    stood your ground as an innocent person?

    Brian H¹©, Jul 24, 2003
  16. smicker

    Brian H¹© Guest

    smicker said:

    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    >> smicker said:
    >>
    >>> "Richard" <anom@anom> wrote in message

    >>> But I have never downloaded anything through Kazar. I don't even have an
    >>> account with them yet alone any interest in what they serve up and yet NTL
    >>> have forwarded their complaint to me and disconnected my internet access.
    >>> smicker

    >> Phone NTL, ask them to reinstate your account, and carefully check the log
    >> entries supplied by Universal.
    >> Universal *did* supply log entries to back up their claim didn't they? ;-)

    > As I said earlier NTL made a mistake by posting me the piracy warning but I
    > am still suspended because I threatened to give out the details of a 50 year
    > old man who had been posting into a 'teens' group and talking about his
    > exploits with prostitutes and making contact with the less robust of them by
    > e-mail.
    > smicker

    Ah well, my post of a few seconds ago should be ignored then.
    If you have a problem like this, you should report the person to his ISP, and
    pop into your local police station and see if they are interested n his antics.

    Brian H¹©, Jul 24, 2003
  17. smicker

    Jimchip Guest

    On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 20:28:35 +0100, Brian H¹© wrote:
    > smicker said:

    >> NTL have now admitted the piracy claim made against me was their mistake and
    >> it should have had some elses name on it but I am still suspended because I
    >> threatened to give posters detail out which I think is a bit rough as the
    >> details were already in the public domain but that is their rule and I broke
    >> it so for 7 days I am on a dial up account with BT again.
    >> smicker

    The above sounds fishy to me.

    > So they haven't disconnected you because they fucked up royally but because you
    > stood your ground as an innocent person?

    --
    no reference to "trout" is implied.

    Jimchip, Jul 24, 2003
  18. smicker

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Jimchip said:

    > On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 20:28:35 +0100, Brian H¹© wrote:
    >> smicker said:

    >>> NTL have now admitted the piracy claim made against me was their mistake and
    >>> it should have had some elses name on it but I am still suspended because I
    >>> threatened to give posters detail out which I think is a bit rough as the
    >>> details were already in the public domain but that is their rule and I broke
    >>> it so for 7 days I am on a dial up account with BT again.
    >>> smicker

    > The above sounds fishy to me.
    >
    >> So they haven't disconnected you because they fucked up royally but because
    >> you stood your ground as an innocent person?

    I posted before he had a chance to give the full details as to why he is
    temporarily suspended.

    Brian H¹©, Jul 24, 2003
  19. The Old Sourdough Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and
    proclaimed in <Xns93C2451859E37Bcx25Yti54oP@216.166.71.230>:

    <snip>

    > Gasp! You _dare_ to tell RtS he doesn't know how the
    > 'net/networking/IP addressing works? Such temerity. :)

    Pardon this expression, but **** him. <G>

    This bozo's always been, and always will be a moron.

    > St00pid just can't seem to get a grasp on the fundamentals of
    > *anything*.

    Only reason why I occasionally reply to him is not because I hope
    he'll learn. (Falls off chair laughing. Calms down after 10 minutes,
    gets up, sits down and continues)

    I reply to him in the hopes someone out there who doesn't know much
    about it will be curious, look it up, and learn something.

    NOI
    --

    There must be wonderful paintings on the walls of his ass, for his
    head to be stuck up there for so long...!

    Thund3rstruck, Jul 24, 2003
  20. On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 22:24:05 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind

    > The Old Sourdough Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and
    > proclaimed in <Xns93C2451859E37Bcx25Yti54oP@216.166.71.230>:
    >

    > <snip>
    >>
    >> Gasp! You _dare_ to tell RtS he doesn't know how the
    >> 'net/networking/IP addressing works? Such temerity. :)

    > Pardon this expression, but **** him. <G>
    >
    > This bozo's always been, and always will be a moron.
    >

    >> St00pid just can't seem to get a grasp on the fundamentals of
    >> *anything*.

    > Only reason why I occasionally reply to him is not because I hope
    > he'll learn. (Falls off chair laughing. Calms down after 10 minutes,
    > gets up, sits down and continues)
    >
    > I reply to him in the hopes someone out there who doesn't know much
    > about it will be curious, look it up, and learn something.
    >
    > NOI

    Agreed. It's like I told Rosee once, somebody has to stand "St00pid
    watch", lest the less clued take him seriously. ;^)

    The Old Sourdough, Jul 25, 2003