    What is the correct way to disconnect from T. Bird or Fire Fox ?

    Thanks in advance for any help.
    Bill Mc.
    Bill McCarty, Dec 25, 2004

  2. Bill McCarty

    Posco Guest

    Bill McCarty wrote:
    > What is the correct way to disconnect from T. Bird or Fire Fox ?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any help.
    > Bill Mc.

    Click the X in the top right hand corner.
    Press Alt+F4
    File then Exit
    Ctrl+W
    Right click the icon in the task bar and select close.

    I'm sure there are others.

    Posco.
    Posco, Dec 25, 2004

  3. :.: BRIAN :.:, Dec 26, 2004
  4. Bill McCarty

    Bill McCarty Guest

    > > What is the correct way to disconnect from T. Bird or Fire Fox ?
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance for any help.
    > > Bill Mc.
    > >

    > Disconnect from what? The Internet? The program?

    By "disconnect" I mean exit the program and hang up the phone.
    Sorry for the confusion.

    Bill Mc.
    Bill McCarty, Dec 26, 2004
  5. On 2004-12-26, Bill McCarty <> wrote:

    >> > What is the correct way to disconnect from T. Bird or Fire Fox ?
    >> >
    >> > Thanks in advance for any help.
    >> > Bill Mc.
    >> >

    >> Disconnect from what? The Internet? The program?
    >>

    > By "disconnect" I mean exit the program and hang up the phone.
    > Sorry for the confusion.

    Thunderbird/Firebird are simply applications; they aren't responsible for
    starting or stopping your dialup connection. If your dialer software is
    configured to drop the connection when the last program using the
    connections terminates, then closing FireFox or Thunderbird will allow
    your dialer software to drop the connection. If this is not working the
    way you expect, look in the configuration of whatever dialer software you
    are using to fix the problem.

    --

    -John ()
    John Thompson, Dec 26, 2004