    cancellation? What I mean is, is there any disconnection fees or
    whatever they call it, on top of your normal monthly fee when ending
    the service?
    jim, Dec 20, 2004

  2. jim

    Pepperoni Guest

    <jim> wrote in message news:...
    > I don't have Vonage yet but wonder if Vonage charges extra upon
    > cancellation? What I mean is, is there any disconnection fees or
    > whatever they call it, on top of your normal monthly fee when ending
    > the service?

    Two things to remember..... SAVE THE BOX!!!!!

    ,,,,,,,and read the TOS:
    http://www.vonage.com/features_terms_service.php

    Pepperoni

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    1.8 Return of Device
    The Device may be returned to Vonage within fourteen (14) days of the
    termination of Service to receive a credit for the $39.99 disconnect fee
    ($49.99 CAD) (refer to section 4.6 of this document regarding termination
    fees), provided: (i) you have retained, and return along with the Device,
    proof of purchase and original packaging; (ii) contents are undamaged and in
    original condition, reasonable wear and tear excluded; (iii) all parts,
    accessories, documentation and packaging materials are returned; and (iv)
    equipment is returned with a valid return authorization number obtained from
    Vonage's customer care department. You are responsible for the cost and
    risk of return shipping of equipment. If you receive cartons and/or Devices
    that are visibly damaged, you must note the damage on the carrier's freight
    bill or receipt and keep a copy. In such event, you must keep the original
    carton, all packing materials and parts intact in the same condition in
    which they were received from the carrier and contact Vonage's customer care
    department immediately. To obtain a return authorization number, you must
    contact or 1-VONAGE-HELP. Does not apply to Vonage
    Business Plus customers.
    1.9 Number Transfer on Service Termination
    Upon termination of the Service, Vonage may, at its sole discretion, release
    a telephone number that was ported in from a previous service provider to
    Vonage by you and used in connection with your Service provisioned by Vonage
    to your new service provider, if such new service provider is able to accept
    such number, and provided that (i) your account has been terminated; (ii)
    your Vonage account is completely current including payment for all charges
    and disconnect fees; and (iii) you request the transfer upon terminating
    your account.
    1.10 Service Distinctions
    You acknowledge and understand that the Service is not a telephone service.
    Important distinctions (some, but not necessarily all, of which are
    described in this Agreement) exist between telephone service and the
    enhanced Service offering provided by Vonage. The Service is subject to
    different regulatory treatment than telephone service. This treatment may
    limit or otherwise affect your rights of redress before Federal, State or
    Provincial telecommunications regulatory agencies.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    ..6 Disconnect Fee
    Customer will be charged a disconnect fee of $39.99 ($49.99 CAD) per voice
    line upon termination of Service for any reason or for convenience by
    Customer. The disconnect fee becomes due and payable immediately upon
    termination and will billed directly to Customer's credit card. If Customer
    has multiple lines, Customer will be charged a disconnect fee of $39.99
    ($49.99 CAD) per line for each line disconnected. To receive a credit for
    the disconnect fee, Customer must return the Device(s) undamaged and in
    original condition within fourteen (14) days of termination as set forth in
    Section 1.8. Vonage will not credit Customer if the Device(s) is damaged or
    not in its original condition as received by the Customer or if Customer has
    otherwise failed to comply fully with the requirements of Section 1.8. In
    the event Customer disconnects multiple lines, Vonage will issue Customer a
    credit for all disconnect fees upon receipt of all Devices (including
    without limitation Multimedia Terminal Adapters) in accordance with this
    Section and Section 1.8. Disconnect Fee does not apply to Business Plus
    Customers.
    Pepperoni, Dec 20, 2004

  3. jim

    jim Guest

    On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 12:38:48 -0500, "Pepperoni"
    <> wrote:

    ><jim> wrote in message news:...
    >> I don't have Vonage yet but wonder if Vonage charges extra upon
    >> cancellation? What I mean is, is there any disconnection fees or
    >> whatever they call it, on top of your normal monthly fee when ending
    >> the service?

    >Two things to remember..... SAVE THE BOX!!!!!
    >

    >,,,,,,,and read the TOS:
    >http://www.vonage.com/features_terms_service.php
    >
    >Pepperoni

    Thanks Pepperoni for the info. Good stuff to remember when and if the
    situation arises.

    OT, love that name... makes me want to eat some italian food (my
    favorite from way back when).
    jim, Dec 21, 2004