  1. Maruta Mang

    Maruta Mang Guest

    Why am I geting disconnected anytime you wish? It used to be after about 7 hours but now it is 15 minutes to 2 hours. Help please.
    Maruta Mang, Feb 9, 2005

  2. Maruta Mang

    Aquanaut Guest

    "Maruta Mang" <> wrote in message news:NhxOd.182003$...
    Why am I geting disconnected anytime you wish? It used to be after about 7 hours but now it is 15 minutes to 2 hours. Help please

    Firstly do not post to newsgroups in html
    go here for how to change
    http://forum.iamnotageek.com/t-74247.html
    and ask/search for your answer

    if you are static on a web page (even when downloading)your isp counts it as innactive surf(i take it you are on "dial up" )and disconnects you---sort of a fail safe,it wil save you phone charges should you forget to disconnect.
    There was a utility called "stay connected" that pings the server to say you are active all the time,and will resolve this issue.
    if not go here
    http://www.annoyances.org/

    watch your phone bill rocket
    Aquanaut, Feb 10, 2005

  3. Maruta Mang

    samuel Guest

    "Aquanaut" <> wrote in

    > "Maruta Mang" <> wrote in message
    > t... Why am I geting disconnected anytime you wish? It used
    > to be after about 7 hours but now it is 15 minutes to 2
    > hours. Help please
    >
    > Firstly do not post to newsgroups in html

    snip HTML

    secondly don't REPOST the html
    samuel, Feb 10, 2005