    just ask and I will supply if it will help in solving this problem .

    Thanks in advance,
    Will

    W.Henry, Apr 14, 2006

  2. W.Henry

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "W.Henry" <> wrote in message
    news:X2U%f.418$yQ.122@trnddc07...
    > Hi ,
    > I just recently switched to DSL about 2 weeks ago from cable
    > internet(better price , almost as fast) .
    > The problem is after my machine sits overnight without using the internet
    > or
    > anything else for that matter when I get up to use the net it's
    > disconected
    > and I have to reboot in order to reconnect again. When I had cable this
    > never occured . Any possible clues as to why this is going on? My computer
    > is a pentium 333, windows xp pro ,500 megs of ram . I have the AVG free
    > antivirus and zone alarm firewall .Any other parameters you may need to
    > know
    > just ask and I will supply if it will help in solving this problem .

    Most likely, ZA put itself into a lock out mode and will not let any
    traffic to the machine I would venture to guess. I would suggest that you
    disable ZA on the machine and enable XP's FW to see if that's the case that
    ZA is blocking all traffic when the machine has gone into an idle state for
    a long period of time, then figure out how to get ZA out of that lock out
    state.

    You can try IPconfig /release and IPconfilg /renew at the DOS Command
    prompt, which will re-establish the TCP/IP connection of the machine to the
    Internet without having to boot the machine.

    If you're leaving the machine connected to the Internet over night with a
    direct connection to the modem, then you might want to go behind the
    protection of a router and let the router protect the machine, otherwise, if
    you don't want to do that, then secure the O/S harden it to attack for a
    machine that has a direct connection.

    http://labmice.techtarget.com/articles/winxpsecuritychecklist.htm

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Apr 15, 2006

  3. X-No-Archive: YES
    Duane Arnold [] has entered into testimony
    kE40g.3074$

    > I would venture to guess [...]
    > I would suggest that [...]
    > then figure out how to get [...]
    > You can try [...]
    > If [...] then you might want to go [...]
    > if [...]

    Really helpful stuff Doo-wayne. If your stupidity gets any bigger then
    it's mass will become critical, a singularity will occur, and you'll
    implode your skull causing dangerous shrapnel to be propelled outward
    omnidirectionally. For the safety of people who matter, please STFU and
    go soak your head.

    --

    Skepticult® Member# 581-00504-208
    ChadwickStone at Gmail dot com

    Chadwick Stone©, Apr 15, 2006
  4. > Really helpful stuff Doo-wayne. If your stupidity gets any bigger then
    > it's mass will become critical, a singularity will occur, and you'll
    > implode your skull causing dangerous shrapnel to be propelled outward
    > omnidirectionally. For the safety of people who matter, please STFU and
    > go soak your head.

    I don't see you coming up with anything Chicken-Lips.

    Diabolical K-Hen-Kicker, Apr 15, 2006
  5. W.Henry

    old man Guest

    I dont have DSL, try, in the morning pulling the modem pwr connector, go put
    the kettle on, then reconnect it.
    If it then connects ok then possibly a problem with your provider / modem
    Is it a usb modem?

    old man, Apr 15, 2006
  6. W.Henry

    W.Henry Guest

    "old man" <> wrote in message
    : I dont have DSL, try, in the morning pulling the modem pwr connector, go
    put
    : the kettle on, then reconnect it.

    Haven't tried that yet .
    I have tried rebooting the modem itself though . I think that is the same
    thing as unplugging it .

    : If it then connects ok then possibly a problem with your provider / modem
    : Is it a usb modem?

    Yes it is a USB modem .

    I called Verizon tech people and they ran me through a bunch of things and
    different perameters . They said they would call me yesterday and see if the
    tweaks they suggested helped and I haven't heard from them yet ...Needless
    to say they didn't work . Sooo I thought I'd see if you guys(or gals) might
    have an answer .
    It really sucks cuz after this damn thing sits for a couple of hours I have
    to reboot just to get on the friggin' internet or check my email .</whining>
    Anyways thanks again ,
    Will

    :
    : "W.Henry" <> wrote in message
    : news:X2U%f.418$yQ.122@trnddc07...
    : > Hi ,
    : > I just recently switched to DSL about 2 weeks ago from cable
    : > internet(better price , almost as fast) .
    : > The problem is after my machine sits overnight without using the
    internet
    : or
    : > anything else for that matter when I get up to use the net it's
    : disconected
    : > and I have to reboot in order to reconnect again. When I had cable this
    : > never occured . Any possible clues as to why this is going on? My
    computer
    : > is a pentium 333, windows xp pro ,500 megs of ram . I have the AVG free
    : > antivirus and zone alarm firewall .Any other parameters you may need to
    : know
    : > just ask and I will supply if it will help in solving this problem .
    : >
    : > Thanks in advance,
    : > Will
    : >
    : >
    :
    :

    W.Henry, Apr 15, 2006
  7. W.Henry

    old man Guest

    You should'nt have to reboot, just pull the modem pwr supply, leave for a
    mo, then reconnect.
    If your modem has a reboot btn/switch I dont believe this is quite the same
    as pwring off / on
    I have seen posts from people having problems with usb modems, whether its a
    modem or usb prob I dont know, but it seems to be often reccommended that if
    the modem has a Lan connection this should be used.

    old man, Apr 15, 2006
  8. W.Henry

    s1 Guest

    Implosion is a process in which objects are destroyed by collapsing in on
    themselves not outwards like fuckwit Chadwick Stone said

    s1, Apr 16, 2006
  9. s1 wrote:
    > Implosion is a process in which objects are destroyed by collapsing in on
    > themselves not outwards like fuckwit Chadwick Stone said

    When did Chadlicking-the-Stone know thing?

    Diabolical K-Hen-Kicker, Apr 16, 2006
  10. Diabolical K-Hen-Kicker wrote:
    > s1 wrote:
    >
    >> Implosion is a process in which objects are destroyed by collapsing in
    >> on themselves not outwards like fuckwit Chadwick Stone said
    >>

    > When did Chadlicking-the-Stone know thing?

    <correction>

    That's Chadlicking-the-Stone know anything? ;-)

    Diabolical K-Hen-Kicker, Apr 16, 2006
  11. W.Henry

    W.Henry Guest

    "old man" <> wrote in message
    : You should'nt have to reboot, just pull the modem pwr supply, leave for a
    : mo, then reconnect.
    : If your modem has a reboot btn/switch I dont believe this is quite the
    same
    : as pwring off / on
    : I have seen posts from people having problems with usb modems, whether its
    : modem or usb prob I dont know, but it seems to be often reccommended that
    if
    : the modem has a Lan connection this should be used.

    Ok I will try that and let you know if it works or not . Hopefully it will .

    :
    : "W.Henry" <> wrote in message
    : news:MMc0g.8742$MU4.8600@trnddc03...
    : >
    : > "old man" <> wrote in message
    : > news:Cv70g.31728$...
[...]
    : > :
    : > : "W.Henry" <> wrote in message
    : > : news:X2U%f.418$yQ.122@trnddc07...
    : > : > Hi ,
    : > : > I just recently switched to DSL about 2 weeks ago from cable
    : > : > internet(better price , almost as fast) .
    : > : > The problem is after my machine sits overnight without using the
    : > internet
    : > : or
    : > : > anything else for that matter when I get up to use the net it's
    : > : disconected
    : > : > and I have to reboot in order to reconnect again. When I had cable
    : this
    : > : > never occured . Any possible clues as to why this is going on? My
    : > computer
    : > : > is a pentium 333, windows xp pro ,500 megs of ram . I have the AVG
    : free
    : > : > antivirus and zone alarm firewall .Any other parameters you may need
    : > : know
    : > : > just ask and I will supply if it will help in solving this problem .
    : > : >
    : > : > Thanks in advance,
    : > : > Will
    : > : >
    : > : >
    : > :
    : > :
    : >
    : >
    :
    :

    W.Henry, Apr 16, 2006
  12. X-No-Archive: YES
    Diabolical K-Hen-Kicker
    [Yes-he'] has entered into
    testimony
    Heg0g.3214$

    > s1 wrote:
    >> Implosion is a process in which objects are destroyed by collapsing
    >> in on themselves not outwards like fuckwit Chadwick Stone said
    >>

    > When did Chadlicking-the-Stone know thing?

    Do the world a favor and get back on your meds, doo-wayne.

    Chadwick Stone©, Apr 16, 2006
  13. X-No-Archive: YES
    s1 [] has entered into testimony
    dLf0g.35129$

    > Implosion is a process in which objects are destroyed by collapsing
    > in on themselves not outwards like fuckwit Chadwick Stone said

    Reconcile an implosion design nuclear warhead, genius.

    Chadwick Stone©, Apr 16, 2006
  14. Chadlicking-the-Stone again?

    Diabolical K-Hen-Kicker, Apr 16, 2006
  15. Is Chadlicking-the-Stone?

    Diabolical K-Hen-Kicker, Apr 16, 2006
  16. W.Henry

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 00:35:15 +0000, Diabolical K-Hen-Kicker wrote:

    > Diabolical K-Hen-Kicker wrote:
    >> s1 wrote:
    >>
    >>> Implosion is a process in which objects are destroyed by collapsing in
    >>> on themselves not outwards like fuckwit Chadwick Stone said
    >>>

    >> When did Chadlicking-the-Stone know thing?

    > <correction>
    >
    > That's Chadlicking-the-Stone know anything? ;-)

    You fucking imbecile...

    Meat Plow, Apr 16, 2006
  17. X-No-Archive: YES
    Diabolical K-Hen-Kicker
    [Yes-he'] has entered into
    testimony
    DEg0g.3225$

    > Is Chadlicking-the-Stone?

    Is doo-wayne making sense?

    Chadwick Stone©, Apr 16, 2006
  18. Chadlicking-the-Stone the best that it can lick it.

    Diabolical K-Hen-Kicker, Apr 16, 2006
  19. X-No-Archive: YES
    Diabolical K-Hen-Kicker
    [Yes-he'] has entered into
    testimony
    zdh0g.3229$

    > Chadlicking-the-Stone the best that it can lick it.

    Keep licking the Stone's ass, doo-wayne. You've finally found something
    that you do well.

    Chadwick Stone©, Apr 16, 2006
  20. W.Henry

    W.Henry Guest

    "W.Henry" <> wrote in message
    :
    : "old man" <> wrote in message
    : news:vxd0g.49352$...
    : : You should'nt have to reboot, just pull the modem pwr supply, leave for
    : : mo, then reconnect.
    : : If your modem has a reboot btn/switch I dont believe this is quite the
    : same
    : : as pwring off / on
    : : I have seen posts from people having problems with usb modems, whether
    its
    : a
    : : modem or usb prob I dont know, but it seems to be often reccommended
    that
    : if
    : : the modem has a Lan connection this should be used.
    :
    : Ok I will try that and let you know if it works or not . Hopefully it will
    ..

    It worked ! Thanks O.M.
    : :
    : : "W.Henry" <> wrote in message
    : : news:MMc0g.8742$MU4.8600@trnddc03...
    : : >
    : : > "old man" <> wrote in message
    : : > news:Cv70g.31728$...
[...]
    : : > :
    : : > : "W.Henry" <> wrote in message
[...]
    : : > : know
    : : > : > just ask and I will supply if it will help in solving this problem
    ..
    : : > : >
    : : > : > Thanks in advance,
    : : > : > Will