    Or is there some other simple procedure that I could try myself?
    --
    PeteCresswell

    (PeteCresswell), Jan 11, 2007

  2. (PeteCresswell)

    AZ Nomad Guest

    On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 17:15:07 -0500, (PeteCresswell) <> wrote:

    >El-cheapo Panasonic.

    >Tried two discs. Same message.

    >Put both discs in another player (similar make/model), they played no problem.

    >Pulled the cover off, blew some air on the little laser thingie, then wiped it
    >with a photographic lens cleaner.

    >Put it back together.... no-go.

    >I'm guessing this thing is toast.

    >Or is there some other simple procedure that I could try myself?

    google for sci.electronics.repair faq

    AZ Nomad, Jan 11, 2007

  3. (PeteCresswell)

    Neck & Red Guest

    "(PeteCresswell)" <> wrote in message
    > El-cheapo Panasonic.
    >
    > Tried two discs. Same message.
    >
    > Put both discs in another player (similar make/model), they played no
    > problem.
    >
    > Pulled the cover off, blew some air on the little laser thingie, then
    > wiped it
    > with a photographic lens cleaner.
    >
    > Put it back together.... no-go.
    >
    > I'm guessing this thing is toast.
    >
    > Or is there some other simple procedure that I could try myself?

    Is this a new player? If so, return it.

    Is this an old player? If so, how old?

    Neck & Red, Jan 12, 2007
  4. Per Neck & Red:
    >Is this an old player? If so, how old?

    4 years.

    Just bought another one last nite.

    Still, wouldn't mind it if I were able to get this one running - against the day
    when the one I just bought goes down.
    --
    PeteCresswell

    (PeteCresswell), Jan 13, 2007