Disassembled Olympus C-760 Ultra Zoom - is there a Service Manual?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by JestersTear, Aug 19, 2005.

  1. JestersTear

    JestersTear Guest

    Hi everyone!

    I have recently found my Olympus C-760 Ultra Zoom's lens to be damaged;
    I called Olympus' official representative here (I live in Portugal,
    Europe) and was informed that the replacement lens was 203 euros. I can
    get brand new C-760 in local shops for 199 euros, so I felt a little
    disheartened.

    In all my unlimited stupidity - there really is no other name for it -
    I decided to attempt to take the lens out myself, see if I could order
    the lens from somewhere and replace it here. I messed up and ended up
    opening the camera instead. The big problem is I somehow accidentaly
    disconnected the little circuit conductor that connected the lens to
    the viewfinder and now the camera can't see anything.

    I took a couple of shots with it to check if I was only shooting
    blindly, but the end result is also a black photo, so there really is
    no helping it.

    Does anyone know where I can find a Service Manual - Olympus Portugal
    won't sell one to me - so that I can see where I should be attempting
    to plug the circuit conductor?

    Right now I don't even care about the damaged lens as long as I can
    keep taking pictures until I can afford a new camera.

    Thanks in advance.

    Lots of Love,

    Mónica
    (Jester's Tear)

    JestersTear, Aug 19, 2005

  2. JestersTear

    PanHandler Guest

    Das Machine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen
    der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht
    fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren musten keepen
    das cotten-pickenen hands in das pockets - relaxen und watchen das
    blinkenlights.

    PanHandler, Aug 19, 2005

  3. JestersTear

    nelly bly Guest

    Re: Disassembled Olympus C-760 Ultra Zoom - is there a ServiceManual?

    On 8/19/05 1:01 PM, in article
    , "JestersTear"
    <> wrote:

    > Hi everyone!
    >
    > Does anyone know where I can find a Service Manual - Olympus Portugal
    > won't sell one to me - so that I can see where I should be attempting
    > to plug the circuit conductor?

    Not a service manual, but there are exploded pdf diagrams of C-Series
    cameras available here:
    http://www.micro-tools.com/pdf/Olympus/C Series/
    The C-760 is not listed, but one of the other C-7XX diagrams may help.
    Part prices and a repair guide are on this page:
    http://www.micro-tools.com/pdf/Olympus/
    Good Luck,
    NB

    nelly bly, Aug 19, 2005