    News server is news.madasafish.com.

    --
    Kenny Cargill

    Kenny, Jan 6, 2007

  2. Kenny

    1932 Guest

    "Kenny" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Tried 3 times to post a message here about a wireless adapter and it
    > didn't show up. Same message posted to an MS group appeared ok.
    > News server is news.madasafish.com.

    This post appeared OK Ken.

    1932, Jan 6, 2007

  3. Kenny

    Mike Easter Guest

    Kenny wrote:

    > Tried 3 times to post a message here about a wireless adapter and it
    > didn't show up.

    Yes, they did show up on my newsserver.

    > Same message posted to an MS group appeared ok.
    > News server is news.madasafish.com.

    If you can click those news links and see your messages here, that means
    that they are available on your default newsserver, which is presumably
    news.madasafish.com, altho' it looks like it should be named something
    brightmail from the appearance of the Path and mid/s.

    If clicking those news links provides access but you can't see your
    messages in your OE's view, then you should check how you are configured
    in your newsagent.

    If clicking those newslinks does /not/ provide access to the messages
    and they aren't on your newsserver, the best way of both troubleshooting
    and solving your problem is to have some alternate newsserver. Lots of
    people have accounts on multiple free or nearly free newsservers. I
    have about a dozen or so.

    When you have multiple newsserver accounts, if there seems to be a
    problem with one, you check another.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Jan 6, 2007
  4. Kenny

    Mike Easter Guest

    Mike Easter wrote:

    > means that they are available on your default newsserver, which is
    > presumably news.madasafish.com, altho' it looks like it should be
    > named something brightmail from the appearance of the Path and mid/s.

    s/brightmail/brightview/

    it seems like your newsserver should be named something brightview, not
    madasafish

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Jan 6, 2007
  5. Kenny

    MrB Guest

    I just did a search for messages from Kenny and saw all three.

    MrB, Jan 6, 2007
  6. Kenny

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sat, 06 Jan 2007 12:39:29 +0000, Kenny Has Frothed:

    > Tried 3 times to post a message here about a wireless adapter and it didn't
    > show up. Same message posted to an MS group appeared ok.
    > News server is news.madasafish.com.

    I saw the message.

    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Jan 6, 2007
  7. Kenny

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-01-06, Kenny <> wrote:
    > Tried 3 times to post a message here about a wireless adapter and it didn't
    > show up.

    Yes it did; you even got a reply to one attempt:

    Subject: Wireless USB adapter?
    From: "Kenny" <>
    Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 16:18:12 -0000

    From: "Kenny" <>
    Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 16:34:59 -0000

    Subject: Re: Wireless USB adapter?
    From: Evan Platt <>
    Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 09:40:04 -0800

    From: "Kenny" <>
    Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 12:28:15 -0000

    > Same message posted to an MS group appeared ok.
    > News server is news.madasafish.com.

    That address actually goes to Giganews, which I think is a pretty reliable
    service. Perhaps you should check the settings of your own newsreader?
    Remember that this is usenet, not 'chat', so it doesn't work instantly.

    If you really aren't receiving all the articles in a group (and such
    things can happen), then take it up with your ISP.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Jan 6, 2007
  8. Kenny

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-01-06, Mike Easter <> wrote:
    > Mike Easter wrote:
    >
    >> means that they are available on your default newsserver, which is
    >> presumably news.madasafish.com, altho' it looks like it should be
    >> named something brightmail from the appearance of the Path and mid/s.

    > s/brightmail/brightview/
    >
    > it seems like your newsserver should be named something brightview, not
    > madasafish

    Madasafish and Brightview news-servers are both really Giganews:

    $ dig news.madasafish.com

    [...]

    ;; ANSWER SECTION:
    news.madasafish.com. 85612 IN CNAME europe.isp.giganews.com.
    europe.isp.giganews.com. 300 IN A 216.196.109.145

    [...]

    $ dig news.brightview.com

    [...]

    ;; ANSWER SECTION:
    news.brightview.com. 86400 IN CNAME europe.isp.giganews.com.
    europe.isp.giganews.com. 291 IN A 216.196.109.145

    [...]

    Brightview own Madasafish, a UK ISP.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Jan 6, 2007
  9. Kenny

    Senti Guest

    1932 wrote:
    > "Kenny" <> wrote in message
    >> Tried 3 times to post a message here about a wireless adapter and it
    >> didn't show up. Same message posted to an MS group appeared ok.
    >> News server is news.madasafish.com.
    >>

    > This post appeared OK Ken.

    All 3 times, even. :)

    Senti, Jan 6, 2007
  10. Kenny

    Mike Easter Guest

    Whiskers wrote:
    > Mike Easter

    >> it seems like your newsserver should be named something brightview,
    >> not madasafish

    > Madasafish and Brightview news-servers are both really Giganews:

    That was laziness on my part :)

    Mike Easter, Jan 6, 2007
  11. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

    Clicking on those links opens Forte Agent which I only use for binaries. I
    still can't see them in OE.
    I don't usually have much trouble with Madasafish, just this particular
    message for some reason.
    Should Agent show replies, I am not too familiar with it?

    --
    Kenny Cargill

    Kenny, Jan 6, 2007
  12. Kenny

    Mike Easter Guest

    Since your communication regarding both the reading and writing part is
    impaired by your top posting, which fails to trim and contextualize,
    I'll restructure and attribute and trim for both of us temporarily, so
    as to make a conversation. Here's how you should reply to news
    messages^1

    Kenny wrote:
    <my cite>
    >> Kenny wrote:

    >> If you can click those news links and see your messages here, that
    >> means that they are available on your default newsserver,

    > Clicking on those links opens Forte Agent which I only use for
    > binaries. I still can't see them in OE.

    But notice that you didn't say 'opens Agent and I can see the messages'
    or 'opens Agent but I can't see the messages'. If you would trim and
    contextualize, it would push or encourage you to answer 'better' or more
    responsively, because the words you would be answering would be right
    before your eyes.

    You still haven't said whether or not the messages are displayed or not,
    which is the test of whether or not they are on the newsserver.

    > Should Agent show replies, I am not too familiar with it?

    Since you are asking if Agent should show replies, I'm going to /assume/
    that Agent showed the original message, but didn't show the reply. That
    means that the messages are present on the newsserver, but that when you
    are viewing the newsserver's 24hshd with OE, that you can't see your
    messages. That problem can occur when OE's database is 'outawhack' with
    the newsserver's db.

    This problem with OE can be repaired by Resetting the 'pointers', which
    I'll give instructions for when you stop top posting.

    >> If clicking those news links provides access but you can't see your
    >> messages in your OE's view, then you should check how you are
    >> configured in your newsagent.

    Or, that your OE's newsgroup needs to be reset and the headers
    re-downloaded.

    > I don't usually have much trouble with Madasafish, just this
    > particular message for some reason.

    This is more than a particular message. This is 3 messages in this
    newsgroup which are available on the newsserver, so it is the fault of
    the OE database, the 24hshd .dbx folder/file contents don't match with
    the condition of the messages on the madasafish server's records.

    ^1 http://members.fortunecity.com/nnqweb/nquote.html Quoting Style in
    Newsgroup Postings - Q2: How should I use the quoted text and arrange it
    with my own text? - Q3: Why shouldn't I quote the entire posting that
    I'm responding to? - Q7: Why shouldn't I put my comments above the
    quoted material?

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Jan 6, 2007
  13. Kenny

    Top Guest

    "Kenny" <> wrote in

    > Clicking on those links opens Forte Agent which I only use
    > for binaries. I still can't see them in OE.
    > I don't usually have much trouble with Madasafish, just this
    > particular message for some reason.
    > Should Agent show replies, I am not too familiar with it?

    Best thing you can do is talk to your your news provider and ask
    them in a nice way if they can explain the process to you. Once
    they do I think you will suffer less stress over nothing.

    Top

    --
    “I am a success today because I had a friend who believed in me
    and I didn't have the heart to let him down...”

    Top, Jan 6, 2007
  14. MrB <> wrote in message
    <>...

    I didn't.