    readers if I cannot fix this problem?

    Thanks

    Liz
    Liz, Jul 27, 2004

  2. Liz wrote:

    > reason for this happening? Should I reinstall? I have tried Xnews, but it
    > just isn't as user friendly (to me) as OE. Any suggestions for other news

    That's because you've used OE for how many years, and Xnews for how many
    minutes?

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    An Important Health Reminder http://snipurl.com/healthyshark
    Blinky the Shark, Jul 27, 2004

  3. Liz

    Liz Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > Liz wrote:
    >
    > > reason for this happening? Should I reinstall? I have tried Xnews, but

    it
    > > just isn't as user friendly (to me) as OE. Any suggestions for other

    news

    > That's because you've used OE for how many years, and Xnews for how many
    > minutes?

    I've been trying it out for like a week and bit now... I guess I'm just an
    OE kinda girl, and not good with change. :) So, really... is there a way to
    fix this problem?

    ~Liz

    Liz, Jul 27, 2004
  4. Liz

    °Mike° Guest

    Try setting 'Show replies to my messages' in
    View / Current view. Also, make sure that you
    haven't placed yourself in your blocked senders
    killfile.

    Other newsreaders:
    http://www.newsreaders.com/win/clients.html

    On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 14:30:23 -0400, in
    <maxNc.11470$>
    Liz scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jul 27, 2004
  5. Liz wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >> Liz wrote:

    >> > reason for this happening? Should I reinstall? I have tried Xnews, but

    > it
    >> > just isn't as user friendly (to me) as OE. Any suggestions for other

    > news

    >> That's because you've used OE for how many years, and Xnews for how many
    >> minutes?

    > I've been trying it out for like a week and bit now... I guess I'm just an
    > OE kinda girl, and not good with change. :) So, really... is there a way to
    > fix this problem?

    I don't know. I upgraded in the mid-nineties.

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 27, 2004
  6. Liz

    WormWood Guest

    "Liz" <> wrote in message
    > Hey,
    >
    > Up until now I have successfully been able to post to newsgroups using

    OE.
    > Now, all of a sudden they will post and then disappear about 5-10 mins
    > later. Sometimes I will send the post, but it will not appear at all.

    Any
    > reason for this happening? Should I reinstall? I have tried Xnews,

    but it
    > just isn't as user friendly (to me) as OE. Any suggestions for other

    news
    > readers if I cannot fix this problem?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Liz

    You could give it a few more days to see if it improves. This could
    seriously be a server glitch.
    WormWood, Jul 28, 2004
  7. Liz

    JamesBenson Guest

    As far as I could see, mike's mum is his dad and vica versa, well I was
    stood next to them

    JamesBenson, Jul 29, 2004