  1. Hi. My second hard drive keeps vanishing. Any ideas what can be causing
    this. It will show up once every 3-4 boots and stay for a few then vanish
    for another 3-4.
    Carl Henderson, Nov 22, 2003

  2. Carl Henderson

    Thor Guest

    A rip in the fabric of time and space?

    Check the cables.

    Thor, Nov 22, 2003

  3. Carl Henderson

    Joe Guest

    Sorry Thor,

    I wouldn't normally email someone who is not on my address book. But
    you did give me some great help about Tweak UI sometime ago. If you will,
    please help me again? I once again downloaded windows latest updates
    and once again I can't get rid of the shortcut arrows in my windows 98se.
    You have given me the steps to go threw and get the file shell32.dll
    off of my windows 98se cd. I've tried and tried to replace the file on my
    hard drive but I keep getting a window that pops up and say's windows
    is using the file and it can't be replaced.

    Thanks once again. And please forgive me for emailing you at this
    address.
    Joe

    Joe, Nov 23, 2003
  4. Carl Henderson

    Thor Guest

    You need to use SFC. Go to "start" then "run", and type "SFC" and click OK.
    Then choose to extract a file. Type in Shell32.dll, and point it to the
    Win98 folder on the CD for the source, and it should know where the
    destination is automatically. It will probably ask you about backing up the
    file. Take the defaults. Once it's done, reboot.

    Thor, Nov 23, 2003
  5. Carl Henderson

    Joe Guest

    Thanks Thor, you are one great and giving person. The world needs more of you.
    Joe

    Joe, Nov 23, 2003