    Windows XP, Outlook Express 6

    Thank you
    Geopelia

    Geopelia, Jun 25, 2009

  2. Geopelia

    Enkidu Guest

    Geopelia wrote:
    > I keep messages from Inbox in folders, which I have put under Sent Items. (I
    > haven't sent them, it's just a convenient place to keep them)
    >
    > I tried to drag a folder to another place in this Sent Items list, but find
    > it has disappeared. I thought I might have accidentally dragged it to a near
    > folder, but it seems to have disappeared altogether.

    Geo it IS likely you've dragged and dropped it somewhere. I'd recheck
    all your folders.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Jun 25, 2009

  3. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "Enkidu" <> wrote in message
    > Geopelia wrote:
    >> I keep messages from Inbox in folders, which I have put under Sent Items.
    >> (I haven't sent them, it's just a convenient place to keep them)
    >>
    >> I tried to drag a folder to another place in this Sent Items list, but
    >> find it has disappeared. I thought I might have accidentally dragged it
    >> to a near folder, but it seems to have disappeared altogether.
    > >

    > Geo it IS likely you've dragged and dropped it somewhere. I'd recheck all
    > your folders.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Cliff

    Thank you.
    I've checked all the ones in Sent Items where I was dragging it, but it
    isn't there.
    Then I checked the whole lot of Local Folders. No sign of it.
    It's a mystery.
    Geopelia

    Geopelia, Jun 25, 2009
  4. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "Reg" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 00:03:49 +1200, "Geopelia" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>I keep messages from Inbox in folders, which I have put under Sent Items.
    >>(I
    >>haven't sent them, it's just a convenient place to keep them)
    >>
    >>I tried to drag a folder to another place in this Sent Items list, but
    >>find
    >>it has disappeared. I thought I might have accidentally dragged it to a
    >>near
    >>folder, but it seems to have disappeared altogether.
    >>I have checked the Recycle bin, it's not there. I haven't deleted it,
    >>unless
    >>it just happened as I moved it. Wouldn't I have had to press delete or
    >>something?

    > Not necessarily.
    > If you are using Outlook Express and under Options/Maintenance you
    > have checked the appropriate box then everytime you close OE your
    > Deleted Items folder is emptied.
    > In my OE the Deleted Items folder is directly beneath the Sent Items
    > folder.

    My deleted items stay there until I click Edit -Empty deleted items folder.
    It wasn't in Deleted items.

    Geopelia, Jun 26, 2009
  5. In message <h217be$3i2$-september.org>, Geopelia wrote:

    > "Reg" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> If you are using Outlook Express and under Options/Maintenance you
    >> have checked the appropriate box then everytime you close OE your
    >> Deleted Items folder is emptied.

    > My deleted items stay there until I click Edit -Empty deleted items
    > folder.

    Yeah, but Dimdows has this habit of randomly changing preferences to
    something it thought you wanted to do, rather than what you actually wanted
    to do.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jun 26, 2009
  6. Geopelia

    Gordon Guest

    On 2009-06-26, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <_zealand> wrote:
    > In message <h217be$3i2$-september.org>, Geopelia wrote:
    >
    >> "Reg" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> If you are using Outlook Express and under Options/Maintenance you
    >>> have checked the appropriate box then everytime you close OE your
    >>> Deleted Items folder is emptied.

    >> My deleted items stay there until I click Edit -Empty deleted items
    >> folder.

    > Yeah, but Dimdows has this habit of randomly changing preferences to
    > something it thought you wanted to do, rather than what you actually wanted
    > to do.

    Ms penguin seems to have this trait as well. Seriously.

    Gordon, Jun 26, 2009
  7. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    > In message <h217be$3i2$-september.org>, Geopelia wrote:
    >
    >> "Reg" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> If you are using Outlook Express and under Options/Maintenance you
    >>> have checked the appropriate box then everytime you close OE your
    >>> Deleted Items folder is emptied.

    >> My deleted items stay there until I click Edit -Empty deleted items
    >> folder.

    > Yeah, but Dimdows has this habit of randomly changing preferences to
    > something it thought you wanted to do, rather than what you actually
    > wanted
    > to do.

    But could that affect a folder that is just being moved?

    Geopelia, Jun 26, 2009
  8. In message <h22kj5$b4s$-september.org>, Geopelia wrote:

    >> In message <h217be$3i2$-september.org>, Geopelia wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Reg" <> wrote in message

    >>> My deleted items stay there until I click Edit -Empty deleted items
    >>> folder.

    >> Yeah, but Dimdows has this habit of randomly changing preferences to
    >> something it thought you wanted to do, rather than what you actually
    >> wanted
    >> to do.
    >>

    > But could that affect a folder that is just being moved?

    You can't put anything past Dimdows.

    How long has it been since your last reinstall
    <http://www.ddj.com/184405140>?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jun 27, 2009
  9. Geopelia

    J.Wilson Guest

    "Geopelia" <> wrote in message
    >I keep messages from Inbox in folders, which I have put under Sent Items.
    >(I haven't sent them, it's just a convenient place to keep them)
    >
    > I tried to drag a folder to another place in this Sent Items list, but
    > find it has disappeared. I thought I might have accidentally dragged it to
    > a near folder, but it seems to have disappeared altogether.
    > I have checked the Recycle bin, it's not there. I haven't deleted it,
    > unless it just happened as I moved it. Wouldn't I have had to press delete
    > or something?
    >
    > Where could it be please? How do I get it back? The help menu is no help.
    > (I've looked for Folders and Disappearing Folders)
    > It isn't in Deleted items.
    >
    > Windows XP, Outlook Express 6
    >
    > Thank you
    > Geopelia

    Worth a look see:

    C drive, docs and settings, user, local setings, app data, identities,

    "number', microsoft, outlook express. if you can't see it in there

    it's nowhere.

    J.Wilson, Jun 27, 2009
  10. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "J.Wilson" <> wrote in message

    > "Geopelia" <> wrote in message
    >>I keep messages from Inbox in folders, which I have put under Sent Items.
    >>(I haven't sent them, it's just a convenient place to keep them)
    >>
    >> I tried to drag a folder to another place in this Sent Items list, but
    >> find it has disappeared. I thought I might have accidentally dragged it
    >> to a near folder, but it seems to have disappeared altogether.
    >> I have checked the Recycle bin, it's not there. I haven't deleted it,
    >> unless it just happened as I moved it. Wouldn't I have had to press
    >> delete or something?
    >>
    >> Where could it be please? How do I get it back? The help menu is no help.
    >> (I've looked for Folders and Disappearing Folders)
    >> It isn't in Deleted items.
    >>
    >> Windows XP, Outlook Express 6
    >>
    >> Thank you
    >> Geopelia

    > Worth a look see:
    >
    > C drive, docs and settings, user, local setings, app data, identities,
    >
    > "number', microsoft, outlook express. if you can't see it in there
    >
    > it's nowhere.

    I think I've found it in a BAK file. The computer has compacted some files
    since I last checked the recycle bin.
    I clicked Restore this item.

    Where would it have been restored to please? It hasn't turned up in Sent
    Items in local folders where it used to be.
    It isn't in My Documents, but I didn't think it would be there.

    Geopelia, Jun 27, 2009