    files.
    Can anyone advise as to what may be wrong?
    TIA

    ripper, Aug 23, 2003

  2. ripper

    Ed Malphrus Guest

    "ripper" <> wrote in message
    news:OkE1b.449$9.net...
    > All of a sudden the downloaded music files and pictures have disappeared
    > from my son's pc. The folders are still there but are empty. The folders

    and
    > their contents are not hidden, recycle bin is empty although it was set to
    > delete right away. I have since changed this setting.
    > I have done a virus scan and the pc comes up clean. I have also scanned
    > using a file recovery program and cant find any evidence of his missing
    > files.
    > He is using WIndows XP Pro, a system restore has not resolved the missing
    > files.
    > Can anyone advise as to what may be wrong?
    > TIA

    Sounds like an issue with profiles... is your son using the same login ID
    that he's been using all along?

    I believe the "My Pictures" and "My Music" are subsets of "My Documents",
    which is specific to each userID in WinXP.

    Try logging in as an administrator and start at the root of C: then look in
    Documents and Settings to see all the user profiles and sub-directories.

    Good luck.

    Ed Malphrus, Aug 25, 2003