    Any help here is appreciated.
    Thanks,

    Gerry
    Gerry Wolf, Apr 5, 2007

  2. Gerry Wolf

    Aardvark Guest

    On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 12:13:15 -0500, Gerry Wolf wrote:

    > I don't know what happened, but suddenly when I perform a restart on my
    > Windows XP Home machine, I have to click my name to complete the reboot.
    > Prior to recently, the system simply rebooted and that was that. I never had
    > to screw around with this clicking identity business. Is there, there must
    > be, a way to totally disable this? I've been in the Control Panel/User
    > Account area and there is little help there, I can stop the welcome screen,
    > but still have to endure the password box that appears. There is no password
    > setup, so it's simply a click. I've also noticed that another"user", namely,
    > "ASP.NET Machine A..." also shows up here, any idea what this might be?
    >
    > Any help here is appreciated.
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Gerry

    Happened to me once. A quick google and I'd fixed it in less than five
    minutes.

    --
    Registered Linux User 413057.
    Both Mandriva 2007 and Ubuntu 6.06
    Aardvark, Apr 5, 2007

  3. Gerry Wolf

    sittingduck Guest

    Gerry Wolf wrote:

    > There is no password
    > setup, so it's simply a click. I've also noticed that another"user",
    > namely, "ASP.NET Machine A..." also shows up here, any idea what this
    > might be?

    You installed .Net Framework.

    Tweak UI will allow you to auto-logon, but you must set a password on your
    account.
    sittingduck, Apr 5, 2007
  4. Gerry Wolf

    Gerry Wolf Guest

    Ok, but what did you google?

    Gerry Wolf, Apr 5, 2007
  5. Gerry Wolf

    Aardvark Guest

    On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 14:05:49 -0500, Gerry Wolf wrote:

    > Ok, but what did you google?
    >
    > "Aardvark" <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 12:13:15 -0500, Gerry Wolf wrote:
    >>
    >>> I don't know what happened, but suddenly when I perform a restart on my
    >>> Windows XP Home machine, I have to click my name to complete the reboot.
    >>> Prior to recently, the system simply rebooted and that was that. I never
    >>> had
    >>> to screw around with this clicking identity business. Is there, there
    >>> must
    >>> be, a way to totally disable this? I've been in the Control Panel/User
    >>> Account area and there is little help there, I can stop the welcome
    >>> screen,
    >>> but still have to endure the password box that appears. There is no
    >>> password
    >>> setup, so it's simply a click. I've also noticed that another"user",
    >>> namely,
    >>> "ASP.NET Machine A..." also shows up here, any idea what this might be?
    >>>
    >>> Any help here is appreciated.
    >>> Thanks,
    >>>
    >>> Gerry

    >> Happened to me once. A quick google and I'd fixed it in less than five
    >> minutes.

    'ASP.NET Machine A' wouldn't be a bad start.

    Aardvark, Apr 5, 2007
  6. Gerry Wolf

    Star@*.* Guest

    On Thu, 5 Apr 2007 12:13:15 -0500, "Gerry Wolf" <>
    wrote:

    >I don't know what happened, but suddenly when I perform a restart on my
    >Windows XP Home machine, I have to click my name to complete the reboot.
    >Prior to recently, the system simply rebooted and that was that. I never had
    >to screw around with this clicking identity business. Is there, there must
    >be, a way to totally disable this? I've been in the Control Panel/User
    >Account area and there is little help there, I can stop the welcome screen,
    >but still have to endure the password box that appears. There is no password
    >setup, so it's simply a click. I've also noticed that another"user", namely,
    >"ASP.NET Machine A..." also shows up here, any idea what this might be?
    >
    >Any help here is appreciated.
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Gerry

    You installed .NET Frameworks 1.x which had a bug. Now you need to
    install the next update of .NET Frameworks which fixex/hides the
    bug/error.

    Art
    Star@*.*, Apr 6, 2007
  7. Gerry Wolf

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Gerry Wolf wrote:
    > Ok, but what did you google?
    >
    > "Aardvark" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 12:13:15 -0500, Gerry Wolf wrote:
    >>

    >>>I don't know what happened, but suddenly when I perform a restart on my
    >>>Windows XP Home machine, I have to click my name to complete the reboot.
    >>>Prior to recently, the system simply rebooted and that was that. I never
    >>>had
    >>>to screw around with this clicking identity business. Is there, there
    >>>must
    >>>be, a way to totally disable this? I've been in the Control Panel/User
    >>>Account area and there is little help there, I can stop the welcome
    >>>screen,
    >>>but still have to endure the password box that appears. There is no
    >>>password
    >>>setup, so it's simply a click. I've also noticed that another"user",
    >>>namely,
    >>>"ASP.NET Machine A..." also shows up here, any idea what this might be?
    >>>
    >>>Any help here is appreciated.
    >>>Thanks,
    >>>
    >>>Gerry

    >>Happened to me once. A quick google and I'd fixed it in less than five
    >>minutes.
    >>
    >>--
    >>Registered Linux User 413057.
    >>Both Mandriva 2007 and Ubuntu 6.06
    >>You can have it all. My empire of hurt.

    Suggest you Google "Why is Bottom-posting better than Top-posting"
    Desk Rabbit, Apr 6, 2007
  8. Gerry Wolf

    Scraggy Guest

    Desk Rabbit wrote:
    > Gerry Wolf wrote:

    >>> Happened to me once. A quick google and I'd fixed it in less than
    >>> five minutes.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Registered Linux User 413057.
    >>> Both Mandriva 2007 and Ubuntu 6.06
    >>> You can have it all. My empire of hurt.

    > Suggest you Google "Why is Bottom-posting better than Top-posting"

    Suggest you **** off and do some research into 24HSHD. Then, when you've
    done that, research "sig snipping"
    members. Groucho Marx
    Scraggy, Apr 10, 2007