    again.

    Is that normal?

    , Feb 28, 2008

  2. brickwalls19 Guest

    On Feb 28, 2:28 pm, wrote:
    > I have an unusual problem.
    >
    > i am able to disable telnet by doing the following..
    >
    > config t
    > line vty 0 4
    > transport input ssh
    >
    > and it works..as soon as I logout of the router..telnet is back on
    > again.
    >
    > Is that normal?

    make sure vty 5 - 16 is also configured for "transport input ssh".
    your telnet session may be going to vty lines 5 and on.

    brickwalls19, Feb 28, 2008

  3. Neil Cherry Guest

    On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 15:12:51 -0800 (PST), brickwalls19 wrote:
    > On Feb 28, 2:28 pm, wrote:
    >> I have an unusual problem.
    >>
    >> i am able to disable telnet by doing the following..
    >>
    >> config t
    >> line vty 0 4
    >> transport input ssh
    >>
    >> and it works..as soon as I logout of the router..telnet is back on
    >> again.
    >>
    >> Is that normal?

    > make sure vty 5 - 16 is also configured for "transport input ssh".
    > your telnet session may be going to vty lines 5 and on.

    On some routers it may have vty's up to 181.

    --
    Linux Home Automation Neil Cherry
    http://www.linuxha.com/ Main site

    Neil Cherry, Mar 1, 2008
  4. brickwalls19 Guest

    On Mar 1, 2:26 am, Neil Cherry <> wrote:
    > On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 15:12:51 -0800 (PST), brickwalls19 wrote:
    > > On Feb 28, 2:28 pm, wrote:
    > >> I have an unusual problem.

    > >> i am able to disable telnet by doing the following..

    > >> config t
    > >> line vty 0 4
    > >> transport input ssh

    > >> and it works..as soon as I logout of the router..telnet is back on
    > >> again.

    > >> Is that normal?

    > > make sure vty 5 - 16 is also configured for "transport input ssh".
    > > your telnet session may be going to vty lines 5 and on.

    > On some routers it may have vty's up to 181.
    >
    > --
    > Linux Home Automation Neil Cherry ://www.linuxha.com/ Main sitehttp://linuxha.blogspot.com/ My HA Blog
    > Author of: Linux Smart Homes For Dummies

    to find out how many vty lines, use a question mark at the end

    example:

    router(config)# line vty 0 ?

    brickwalls19, Mar 3, 2008
  5. chirayu Guest

    On Feb 28, 3:12 pm, brickwalls19 <> wrote:
    > On Feb 28, 2:28 pm, wrote:
    >
    > > I have an unusual problem.

    > > i am able to disable telnet by doing the following..

    > > config t
    > > line vty 0 4
    > > transport input ssh

    > > and it works..as soon as I logout of the router..telnet is back on
    > > again.

    > > Is that normal?

    > make sure vty 5 - 16 is also configured for "transport input ssh".
    > your telnet session may be going to vty lines 5 and on.

    Thanks

    no line vty 5

    did the trick! :)

    chirayu, Mar 6, 2008