    suggests to disable system restore, go into safe mode and run virus scan and
    remove the virus components. Will disabling SR remove all previous
    restores?

    Christie, Aug 23, 2008

  2. Christie

    WebWalker Guest

    Christie wrote:
    > I have a Vundo virus on my computer. What I have found to remove it
    > suggests to disable system restore, go into safe mode and run virus scan and
    > remove the virus components. Will disabling SR remove all previous
    > restores?

    No.

    WebWalker, Aug 23, 2008

  3. Christie

    gnu / linux Guest

    gnu / linux, Aug 23, 2008
  4. Christie

    sandy58 Guest

    On Aug 23, 2:42 am, "Christie" <> wrote:
    > I have a Vundo virus on my computer.  What I have found to remove it
    > suggests to disable system restore, go into safe mode and run virus scan and
    > remove the virus components.  Will disabling SR remove all previous
    > restores?

    No.

    sandy58, Aug 23, 2008
  5. Christie

    WebWalker Guest

    gnu / linux wrote:
    > On Aug 22, 8:42 pm, "Christie" <> wrote:
    >> I have a Vundo virus on my computer. What I have found to remove it
    >> suggests to disable system restore, go into safe mode and run virus scan and
    >> remove the virus components. Will disabling SR remove all previous
    >> restores?

    > Yes (most likely) http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/systemrestore.mspx

    The article didn't mentioned anything about losing previous restores points.

    WebWalker, Aug 24, 2008
  6. Christie

    sandy58 Guest

    On Aug 24, 8:28 am, WebWalker <> wrote:
    > gnu / linux wrote:
    > > On Aug 22, 8:42 pm, "Christie" <> wrote:
    > >> I have a Vundo virus on my computer.  What I have found to remove it
    > >> suggests to disable system restore, go into safe mode and run virus scan and
    > >> remove the virus components.  Will disabling SR remove all previous
    > >> restores?

    > > Yes (most likely)http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/sys...

    > The article didn't mentioned anything about losing previous restores points.

    *Will disabling SR remove all previous
    >> restores?*

    ????

    sandy58, Aug 24, 2008
  7. Christie

    Boscoe Guest

    "Christie" <> wrote in message
    >I have a Vundo virus on my computer. What I have found to remove it
    >suggests to disable system restore, go into safe mode and run virus scan
    >and remove the virus components. Will disabling SR remove all previous
    >restores?

    If you go to Accessories > System Tools and click Disk Cleanup. Your system
    drive (usually C:) should be selected by default, click OK and, when it has
    finished scanning your system, click the More Options tab then the Clean Up
    button next to System Restore and all RPs, with the exception of the current
    one, will be erased.

    Boscoe, Aug 24, 2008
  8. Christie

    gnu / linux Guest

    On Aug 24, 2:28 am, WebWalker <> wrote:
    > gnu / linux wrote:
    > > On Aug 22, 8:42 pm, "Christie" <> wrote:
    > >> I have a Vundo virus on my computer.  What I have found to remove it
    > >> suggests to disable system restore, go into safe mode and run virus scan and
    > >> remove the virus components.  Will disabling SR remove all previous
    > >> restores?

    > > Yes (most likely)http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/sys...

    > The article didn't mentioned anything about losing previous restores points.

    Oops here is another one http://support.microsoft.com/kb/301224 - hope
    the OP sees this ...

    gnu / linux, Aug 24, 2008
  9. Christie

    Christie Guest

    >"gnu / linux" <> wrote
    >Oops here is another one http://support.microsoft.com/kb/301224 - hope the
    >OP sees this ...

    Got it, thank you. I knew I had heard all previous restore points WERE
    going to be deleted, and now it is confirmed. Thank you for finding that.

    Christie, Aug 24, 2008
  10. Christie

    Twitch

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    If your disabling system restore, to remove a virus then, you probably do not want any of your restore points. With that said, you do not know how far back the actually infection was, so restoring your computer to a previous time, may infact cause that virus to reappear and making you go through the hassle all over again

    Twitch, Aug 27, 2008