    disable the internet connection to the kid's notebook computers from time to
    time. Is there a way to do that from my computer? My notebook isn't a wired
    connection; a family computer is the one wired. Thanks
    =?Utf-8?B?UmFuZHk=?=, Sep 4, 2006

  2. Hi
    Almost all Wireless Routers let you filter the logon by MAC number.
    Log from the wired computer to the Router's menu system and put in the
    filter section the MAC number of the Your laptop in the allowed filter. When
    you switch on the filter only your Wireless would connect to the Internet.
    When you switch it Off all wireless computers would be able to connect.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Sep 4, 2006

  3. Thanks, need further help....how do I find the Linksys router menu system on
    the wired computer?
    Thanks,
    Randy

    =?Utf-8?B?UmFuZHk=?=, Sep 5, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?UmFuZHk=?=

    Malke Guest

    Randy wrote:

    > Thanks, need further help....how do I find the Linksys router menu
    > system on the wired computer?

    Open a browser and in the addressbar type:

    http://192.168.1.1 [enter]

    You will need to enter the password you used when you set up the router.
    The default password is admin if you didn't change it (and you should,
    as well as changing the SSID).

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com
    Malke, Sep 5, 2006
  5. The browser won't open when I type in http://192.168.1.1 Also, where do I
    find the MAC number of my laptop?

    Thanks again,
    Randy

    =?Utf-8?B?UmFuZHk=?=, Sep 5, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?UmFuZHk=?=

    Malke Guest

    Randy wrote:

    > The browser won't open when I type in http://192.168.1.1 Also, where
    > do I find the MAC number of my laptop?

    Don't know why not unless you changed the router's IP address or it
    isn't a Linksys. Since I can't see your router from here...

    The MAC on a laptop is usually on the bottom.

    Malke
    Malke, Sep 5, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?UmFuZHk=?=

    Frank Guest

    The MAC number as you put it, is the address of the network adapter, not the
    laptop. No offense please, but you are asking questions about 10 steps ahead
    of where you are at. You need to read a little. Just type in home wireless
    in google and you will be amazed at what you find. EAsy too!.
    Anyway, Each network adapter has a Mac address. If the notebooks have
    built in wireless you can find the mac address real easy by going to
    start/run. type command or cmd(depending if you have winxp or not) hit
    enterand a window will open. Type "ipconfig /all" without the quotes(space
    after the word ipconfig) and hit enter. You will see the mac address right
    there, it will normally say "Physical Address". You can do this on the
    desktop also. You should write all of them down. If the laptops have
    adapters that you added on to a slot, the mac address will be on the box and
    the adapter. Good Luck
    Frank L

    Frank, Sep 6, 2006