    guests from using them, this should be done without uninstalling the
    program.eg the yahoo.chat is it really possible?
    , Mar 15, 2007

  2. Adebisi Guest

    On Mar 15, 4:16 am, wrote:
    > i have various programs running in my home pc but i want to limit
    > guests from using them, this should be done without uninstalling the
    > program.eg the yahoo.chat is it really possible?

    Google up some articles on using the Windows XP Pro Group and User
    policy manager. It works pretty much the same way it does for domain
    policies but is limited to one computer.

    If you are not using XP Pro, but home edition, you may need to use 3rd
    party apps. Parental control software, etc... I cannot be sure as I
    have never had to try to do this on a non-XP Pro computer and I do not
    have an XP Home system setup curently to check.

    Danny (aka Adebisi)
    Danny's Computer Services
    Admin of Professional PC Techs (Google Group)
    http://propctechs.googlepages.com/home
    Adebisi, Mar 19, 2007

  3. JohnO Guest

    On Mar 15, 4:16 am, wrote:
    > i have various programs running in my home pc but i want to limit
    > guests from using them, this should be done without uninstalling the
    > program.eg the yahoo.chat is it really possible?

    How smart are your guests?

    Use an icon that appears to be something else, and name it something
    no guest would explore...say "math practice" or whatever. Put the icon
    in a similarly named folder on the Start menu.

    -John O
    JohnO, Mar 19, 2007