    Can anybody in the forum explain ?

    Thanks
    Udaya

    csudaya, Mar 8, 2006

  2. csudaya wrote:

    Hello,

    > While disabling CSA, the software prompts for the user to type in a
    > text which is shown in a blurred fashion to the user. This is to
    > confirm that the users disabling it is doing it intentionally and also
    > not through any programmatic means. This technique is also widely used
    > while creating email a/c 's in yahoo and in several other places in the
    > web.
    >
    > My question is , what is this technique known as ?

    AFAIK, it is known as "captcha". You have some interesting examples
    here : http://sam.zoy.org/pwntcha/

    Christophe Fillot, Mar 8, 2006

  3. csudaya

    Sachin Guest

    Hi Udaya,

    The technique that you are referring to is called (CAPTCHA - Completely
    Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart). It is
    an technique formulated by CMU. Check out the following website which
    has lots of nice tit-bits about CAPTCHA ...

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captcha

    -Sachin

    http://www.SachinOnline.com

    Sachin, Mar 8, 2006