    broadband.

    Thanks in advance,
    Jo
    MrsBeebleBrock, Mar 2, 2004

  2. MrsBeebleBrock

    Rider Guest

    "MrsBeebleBrock" <> wrote in message
    news:UC81c.131$...
    > Hi, Xtra have started charging me excess fees as I am over my 500 mb
    > monthly usage so I need to disable broadband when I want to download
    > stuff to take advantage of free dial-up credit.
    >
    > They only support IE and told me how to override ADSL under
    > Tools/Internet Options/COnnections, but I can't see where to do this in
    > Netscape 7.1
    >
    > Unfortunately as I run my network through my ADSL modem, turning it off
    > is not an option.
    >
    > Grateful if anyone can tell me how to have my dial-up modem override
    > broadband.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Jo

    Unplug the telephone cord from the modem to the wall?
    Rider, Mar 2, 2004

  3. MrsBeebleBrock

    Howard Guest

    MrsBeebleBrock wrote:

    > Grateful if anyone can tell me how to have my dial-up modem override
    > broadband.

    My Windows 2000 pc has access to the net via ADSL over the LAN and via
    dialup. When the dialup modem is connected all traffic goes via dialup. When
    its disconnected, traffic goes via ADSL.
    Howard, Mar 2, 2004
  4. MrsBeebleBrock wrote:
    > Grateful if anyone can tell me how to have my dial-up modem override
    > broadband.

    pull the plug out. then tinker with it until it works with dial up.

    --
    Http://www.Dave.net.nz
    Play Hangman
    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Mar 3, 2004
  5. I don't want to permanently disable it - just when I'm downloading. And
    as my router is in a different building to the main PC, it's a hassle to
    run up and down stairs in the rain to plug in and out.

    MrsBeebleBrock, Mar 3, 2004
  6. Where would those settings be made, do you think?

    Jo

    MrsBeebleBrock, Mar 3, 2004
  7. MrsBeebleBrock

    SteveM Guest

    MrsBeebleBrock <> wrote in news:T0c1c.300
    $:

    > I don't want to permanently disable it - just when I'm downloading. And
    > as my router is in a different building to the main PC, it's a hassle to
    > run up and down stairs in the rain to plug in and out.

    SNIP

    How about disabling the DLS router through the management interface
    IE Webinterface for my Nokia MW1122?

    SteveM
    SteveM, Mar 3, 2004
  8. MrsBeebleBrock

    Howard Guest

    MrsBeebleBrock wrote:
    > Where would those settings be made, do you think?

    That is the default behaviour for Windows 2000. I know it is the default
    behaviour 'cause I've all I did after a fresh windows install was setup up
    the dialup modem in the normal way.

    What happens for you when your dialup is active?
    Howard, Mar 3, 2004
  9. MrsBeebleBrock

    uh oh! Guest

    MrsBeebleBrock wrote:
    > Hi, Xtra have started charging me excess fees as I am over my 500 mb
    > monthly usage so I need to disable broadband when I want to download
    > stuff to take advantage of free dial-up credit.
    >
    > They only support IE and told me how to override ADSL under
    > Tools/Internet Options/COnnections, but I can't see where to do this in
    > Netscape 7.1
    >
    > Unfortunately as I run my network through my ADSL modem, turning it off
    > is not an option.
    >
    > Grateful if anyone can tell me how to have my dial-up modem override
    > broadband.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Jo

    what kind of modem?