    better suggestions?
    Thanks
    -Greg

    =?Utf-8?B?R3JlZyBQb3NleQ==?=, Apr 13, 2006

  2. "Greg Posey" <Greg > wrote in message
    > Hello,
    > I work for Office of Information Tech. at a major university that has a
    > campus wide 802.11x infastructure. I have recently discovered a problem
    > with
    > having adhoc networks. If a user was to name the adhoc network the same
    > as
    > our infastructure all the students who dont have adhoc networking turned
    > off
    > would connect to the students adhoc if the signal was better. Instead of
    > trying to tell tens of thousands of students how to disable adhoc
    > networkin
    > we have decided to write a program that we can distribute to students to
    > do
    > it for them. The only problem is I can't think of anyway other than
    > deleting
    > a reg. key that I could accomplish this. Any ideas on where the key is at
    > or
    > better suggestions?
    > Thanks
    > -Greg

    Yep. Write the program to tell the computers of the students to hook onto
    infrastructure ONLY, not ad-hoc.

    Gee, even the MICROSOFT connectoid under SP2 for wi-fi has that ability.

    In fact you could make it choose the MS way ONLY and tell the MS one to use
    infrastructure ONLY.

    Alternatively, you could use a prog like netwswitcher and force-update
    through deployment, that prog onto each student machine and force the
    switching of networks to your own.

    Diamontina Cocktail, Apr 14, 2006