    Inspirion 1750. Her desktop icons do not work and her shot cuts do not work.
    She needs to work from the dektop because we need as few clicks as possible.
    I have tried to find the solution but I have have not. Can someone help?

    Deb, Mar 5, 2010

  2. Do you mean that when you click, or double click, on an icon that
    nothing happens? Is she using a mouse or the touchpad?

    Can you be a little more descriptive about the problem? Has this been
    happening from the time you got the laptop, or installed Win 7? Or, did
    it just start after something was installed or updated?

    Bobby Johnson, Mar 5, 2010

  3. Deb

    GS Guest

    has accessibility enabled ?
    single click enabled in explorer- tools- option, general tab?

    GS, Mar 11, 2010
  4. Deb

    Deb Guest

    Thank you for your help! Yes this has pretty much happended off and on since
    she had the laptop. She is using a mouse. She using a "dot" on her forhead
    which is read by a tracker type webcam looking device. She has an onscreen
    keyboard (softtype 4.2 by Origin www.orin.com) with commands on it and she
    hoovers to click if that make since. But it happens when I use a mouse as
    well. They just do not work on a regulalr basis. She is using windows 7.

    Deb, Mar 18, 2010
  5. This sounds like it's the SoftType software that's at fault and not
    Windows 7. The Orin website does not provide much information about
    compatibility, so it's not clear if this software is in fact compatible
    with Windows 7.

    You need to contact Orin and ask them about this.

    Bobby Johnson, Mar 18, 2010
  6. P.S.

    The problem most likely that it is not Windows 7 64-bit compatible. I
    finally located some documentation and it states:

    SofType for TouchScreens is an excellent tool
    for any touchscreen application. It operates
    under Windows 95/98/ME/NT4/2000/XP.

    It does not state it is compatible with Windows 7 either 32-bit or
    64-bit. You need to contact the Orin comapny for assistance.

    Bobby Johnson, Mar 18, 2010
  7. Deb

    Deb Guest

    Oh yes I will contact them ab out softype.......but I ran into another
    problem. She clicked on an adobe file and all the icons on the desktop
    changed to and adobe file and now nother works. I have been doing a search
    and I am just not sure of the best fix. Does micorsoft have one?

    Deb, Mar 19, 2010