    Is there a way I can prevent it from starting up, either through msconfig or
    in the registry?

    Thanks.

    Guy Quinn, Jul 1, 2004

  2. Right click on your My Network Places icon on the desktop, then pick
    properties. Once the new windows opens, right click on your Wireless LAN
    Icon, and choose disable. That will disable the network connection for you.

    Dan

    Angry American, Jul 1, 2004

  3. try Fn + F5 - does a dialog come up?

    --
    Barb Bowman
    Expert Zone Columnist

    Barb Bowman [MVP-Windows], Jul 1, 2004
  4. Guy Quinn

    bobbysays

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Try a no cost program called BridgeChecker

    BridgeChecker is a windows utility that can automatically disable/enable wireless interfaces. Whenever your computer is connected to an Ethernet port and the link state is good, the utility can automatically turns off the IEEE 802.11 wireless network interface. This conserves IP address allocation, reduces security risks, resolves dual interface routing issues, and prolongs battery life.

    bobbysays, Nov 10, 2009